• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger tail lights

RT SE 440

Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
Hello all just notice the other day on my new tail light harness the globe holders have a tab on them for an electrical connection i would say it's for an earth is this standard do they tail lights need to be earthed as i didn't pull my car apart so i wouldn't know if they had an earth or not thank you all

Hello all just notice the other day on my new tail light harness the globe holders have a tab on them for an electrical connection i would say it's for an earth is this standard do they tail lights need to be earthed as i didn't pull my car apart so i wouldn't know if they had an earth or not thank you all
If your housings are metal no extra grounding is needed. I suspect the new harnesses use aftermarket universal bulb holders and the have a tab in case your housings are plastic so a ground can be added.

If your housings are metal no extra grounding is needed. I suspect the new harnesses use aftermarket universal bulb holders and the have a tab in case your housings are plastic so a ground can be added.
thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back