• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Daytona wheel help

Banned69

Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for help decoding what was original on my 1969 Daytona. With the number of wheel options I'm getting a little confused what came with this car.

What I know...
Build sheet lists:
Line 2 "Tires" - T83 which show to be 14" Goodyear Speedway red stipe.
Line 4 "Wheel" - either 30/X9, 50/X9 or 90/X9...the spring rust ate through the code, but what's left has to be one of those combos.
Line 4 "WH COV" - 61

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jim-

*Attached build sheet

0619240821.jpg

Thanks for your reply!

do you know...

If it has trim rings...would that then be the chrome "Road wheels" (Magnum 500 style)? The Magnum 500's would be a one piece chrome rim right?...no chrome ring?

I have a 1969 collision parts part number book (See attached pics). Based on this..it looks like it would be the "Chrome Wheel" #2823840?? and below #2944161 trim ring?
Too many option to figure out:)

Thanks again for looking at this.

0619241400.jpg

0619241400a.jpg

0619241403.jpg

68 was only year for full chrome. 69 uses one year only 4 place “gripper” trim ring but 69-up use the better gripper (all around and can use ) better design but purists would kringe if you pop one ring off and not politically correct

So the above pictured "Road Wheel" magnum style with trim ring right? I'll have to start searching for some used OEM wheels...I believe the are 5.5"...most repops seem to be 6" as above yearone ex.

Thanks for you help!

I’ve seen 14x 5 1/2 an6 Mine RR has 6 on them. 3rd from the top is the one. Chrome spokes and black body

I hate to say it but maybe early Daytonas got chrome to use up stock but if never seen it personally. 5.5 the common width but my book showed 6.0

Let me take pics later and I’ll send you a PM not much but they def need work and like I say the guy I use is pricy and takes a while

Meant NOS used to sell 600 a set but haven’t seen any in awhile but used cost just as much to restore.

Thread cleaned up and unlocked.

Items for sale go in the for sale forum.

Items needed go in the want to buy forum.

No warning points given this time.

If your code is 30, then they are 5.5" wide, some C body magnums were 6" wide. As stated above they would be the trim ring type.

Auto Transport Service
Back