• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 road runner A12 car wheels

Gary runner

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Are the steel wheels on a 1969 1/2 A12 road runner all painted gross black with chrome nuts. I have a road runner A12 car painted F5 limelight green. On the broadcast sheet that came with the car . Line 4 under wheel has wheel part number 24 and also F5. Does this mean the wheel was painted F5 green. Under wh cov box has the number 88, which may be 15x 5.00 wheels.

From factory technical service bulletin

IMG_3765.jpeg

All A12 wheels are black (with a big H on the hub), and 15x6, not 5". The question seems to be.... how glossy?
Some say semi gloss, some say gloss. I'm not sure what is correct. Mine are semi.
The box on your broadcast is for the base 383 that was modified on the assembly line into an A12, with all the A12 stuff superseding the 383 equipment.

I would think the wheels would be gloss black, they used exterior body paint on all the other colored wheels mine were gloss blue.

Wheels are gloss black. Take a tire off an original and look inside the bead area for proof this.

Auto Transport Service
Back