• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner hood inserts..How are they held on??

"pal" nuts...

I believe they are called Pal nuts. I have bought them from AMD myself.
Hope this helps.

This is correct.... They have "pal" stamped into them... and have an integral rubber washer insert. Some were silver color and some are gold. I'm not sure which is correct for the hood duct application. These nuts were used to fasten emblems also.

Attachments

• pal nut (Medium).jpg
    pal nut (Medium).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 148
  • pal nut 2 (Medium).jpg
    pal nut 2 (Medium).jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 148
never seen them with the rubber in them before i was always taught that they were called speed nuts. hmm. they also sell these (without the rubber) at your local parts stores such as auto zone or advance auto parts however they are in an assortment and only a couple are the size you need, it gets kinda pricey if you need alot (ask me how i know, jk)

Thanks for all the info guys.....Bought a bunch online in bulk. They did not have the rubber inserts though. They roughly ended up costing me about 1-3 cents a piece!

Thanks for all the info guys.....Bought a bunch online in bulk. They did not have the rubber inserts though. They roughly ended up costing me about 1-3 cents a piece!

Put some of that black tar like windshield goo before you put them on. 1-3 cents a piece? Damn, that just put your project over budget :icon_hang:

Good idea! I'll grab some next trip to the paint shop..... Yeah that few cents blew the cover right off the old budget.. I'm getting pretty close to the bartering stage... Might have to trade out my signed Knight Rider poster collection and Air Wolf lunch box :eek:

Auto Transport Service
Back