• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 bumper seal brackets- what is the proper name

davek

Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
they hold the seals to the fender
1717367422322.jpeg

Dave, Dave, Dave...you didn't look in your
"1970-71 PASSENGER CAR PARTS CATALOG" or is it a trick question??? :D

The "seal" you mentioned is called a "filler" and is identified in Group 12.
12-02-06 FILLER, Fender Bumper, Charger.

The "bracket" you are looking for is a "support" and is also listed in Group 12, but is pictured in Group 13 front fender. See the support and filler references in the box shown in the Front Bumper Charger (1970) picture below.

12-02-09 SUPPORT, Fender Bumper Filler, Charger.

The part numbers for each are identified in the far right column.

Also, "W" is Coronet - Charger

IMG_20240602_195247536~2.jpg
IMG_20240602_194946398~2.jpg

Dave, Dave, Dave...you didn't look in your
"1970-71 PASSENGER CAR PARTS CATALOG" or is it a trick question??? :D
Who the heck besides you has one of those??

01 face 3.jpeg

Who the heck besides you has one of those??

View attachment 1673103
I have two! One original including a package of updated sheets (ahhhh, the aroma of old paper) and a nice quality reprint.

Also, I have an original one for 1979 that covers the special parts found on the "300".

Dam,once again NOT notified that you guys replied to my thread.:wtf: Thanks Wayne now I know who to bother. :poke:

Dam,once again NOT notified that you guys replied to my thread.:wtf: Thanks Wayne now I know who to bother. :poke:
It's no bother.

@davek probably knows what one of these supports looks like by now. Picture below was taken from underneath my car on the driver's side. Note the style of screw when you start searching for them.

IMG_20240609_134117954~2.jpg
IMG_20240609_134155206~2.jpg

Phillips head sheet metal screw of some sort.

IMG_20240609_152911674.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing those pics of the screw type. I bought repros of those seals and they're a bit different than the originals. You need to remove those steel pieces from your originals and reuse them with the repros. Furthermore, the original seals have rubber "pins" that you pull through holes in the steel pieces, the repros don't have those pins. The repros also don't have the mounting holes molded in, they need to be drilled out. I also found looking at mine that the holes on the repros didn't line up perfectly with the holes in the steel parts. So it's gonna be a bit of fun getting the new ones installed. :lol:

yep missed this one? Did someone ask a question Wayne or were you just sharing?
Just answering the inevitable question in advance. :D

Auto Transport Service
Back