• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 charger rear corners and valance help please.

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Need a little guidance on install. How do you weld the corners in? Specifically inside on the top? Were they spot welded in at factory,must be a small spot welder. Friend is Using mig welder. Whats the strap/metal on bottom of corner for on the corners? Do you just bend it up? Do corners then valance and then tail light panel last. Thanks @chargervert @eldubb440

imagejpeg_0 (11).jpg

imagejpeg_0 (13).jpg

imagejpeg_0 (12).jpg

imagejpeg_0 (10).jpg

I have yet to piece the back end of a Charger together. Charger guys must not trust me :poke:

but seriously, I just wing it anyway, so I doubt I could offer a constructive answer other than the standard "make sure everything fits before you weld"; and "it all only fits one way"

Had to cut a piece out to fix it. Was told charger hit a pole, not true car hit the charger in the back . It cured the pass side trunk pan up and bent the edge were trunk pan/crossmember and valance all meet together.

ok so do you weld the corners first to quart then cross member, then weld valance to tail light panel then install ? @chargervert

Sorry Dave,been on vacation. You have to weld the tailpanel om first. Then fit and drill the rear valence pan,but don't weld it on yet. Position it in place,use a few zip screws to hold it in it's proper place. Then fit the corners. Drill holes in the flat areas for plug welds. After they are fitted,then plug weld the holes on the corners that accessible with the valence in place. Then remove the valence and get the areas that the plug weld holes were covered by the valence. Then weld the corners to the quarters and trunk extensions. The little tabs attach the bottom of the corners to the plat underside edges of the quarter panels. Then install the rear valence pan,centering it between the two valence corners. Plug weld the valence in place,spot weld where possible if you have the equipment to do so. 70 Chargers had seam sealer in all four corner seams of the valence corners,unlike 68 and 69 Chargers that only had seam sealer on the two edges of the valence that met the edge of the quarter panels.

Auto Transport Service
Back