• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1970 Coronet Restomod. BUY THE ONE MOPAR FORGOT TO BUILD!! $26000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texpar

Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This car is an originally sold in California car. This was prior to all the emissions restrictions on carburetors, exhaust, electrical....... the key to know that this car is an original California car is in the trunk. There is a tube thats purpose was for gas fumes escaping from the tank would be gathered in this and when cooled would condense and drip back in the tank. Thus the car has a unique tank with extra lines for this purpose. I also have the original black and yellow plate from California. This car rolled over a 100,000 miles last year.

This car being from such a mild climent it has many original features.
This car has all of its original sheet metal (with the exception of the trunk lid that was replaced with one that had go-wing bracket capability).
The bumpers on this car are the original chrome (with bumper guards, rare feature)
the headliner has never been out of the car
it has the original door panels
original package tray
original paint in door jams and under hood.
original door seals/window seals,whiskers
Original paint on dash
Original glove box liner
Original side and back glass

Although many items have been upgraded or changed. I created a 1 of none car with this car. I basically drove it through MOPARS parts department and created the small block hot rod that they never made that year. Kind of a small block Super Bee. Here is a list of upgrades/updates.

Added Go Wing
Change trunk lid for proper brackets
Changed to bucket seats with buddy seat (added proper brackets)
Changed rear-end to 8.75 heavy duty style
3:91 gear in the car now
Upgraded brakes to 11” X 3” drums from Track pack option.
Added upper door pads from Charger ) Coronet never cam with upper door pad even on top end models, but in Texas could not stand putting my arm on hot metal upper doors.
New carpet
New seat covers
Dash cap
Added Tuff Wheel
Front suspension was all updated with new ball joints and urethane bushings tie rods, idler arm.
Front torsion bars change to 383 style that gives firmer ride and better cornering.
Custom C Stripe like Super Bee with no Super Bee emblem
Headlights changed for drivability with modern bulbs ( also has blue halos)
New windshield
New Master cylinder and Brake booster
Drive shaft balanced
New wiring harness under hood
Disc brake conversion from Classic Industries
FOOSE 17” rims

Drive train: This car has a 340 6pack (original 6pack not remanufactured parts) this motor option was not even available for the Coronet (1 of none option). 904 transmission that has recently been rebuild with lots of good heavy duty parts. Original AC brackets and lines were altered and original AC system put back on car. MOPAR never sold a factory 6 pack car with AC so this is another 1 of none option.

Cheetah valve body
Kevlar clutches
New bands
extra steal and clutch added to stack
Hughes 2700 RPM stall converter
all New seals

Bock bored .30 over (mains untouched)
Keith Black 10:1 Hyper-techtic pistons
Rotating assembly balanced
J heads w/factory rockers
double over timing chain with steal gears
Hughes Engines Cam with variable ramp rate (opens late and fast to get better scavenging) matched springs
New Mopar style starter
Schumocker solid motor mounts (this style does not create vibration)
complete operational 6 pack system ( with working choke)
high volume oil pump
TTI headers ceramic coated inside and out ( much cooler engine and passenger compartment)
2.5” exhaust with Dyna-max mufflers
Mopar performance electronic ignition (Orange box)

A lot of these changes were made for drivability purposes. I enjoy driving the car on trips and longer distance shows. That is why the Stereo was also upgraded with amps and 10” sub. AC blows good and cold has not been changed to new style freon. there is a product made called FREEZE 12 and is a direct replacement for R12 and woks great!
IMG_1162.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1156.jpgIMG_1155.jpgIMG_1154.jpgIMG_3251.jpgcoronet low water.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This is a great and solid car! I really want this car to go to a MOPAR lover!

$25000

PM sent, please contact me.

The frame rails are solid as the day it was new. its a rust free car. The trunk is also solid but did have some rust scale in the trunk due to when I bought it there was no trunk seal left to speak of so rain had got in and trapped under the trunk mat. it was cleaned up and painted with POR15 to seal any rust before the car was painted. I will have to get pics from my home computer or snap some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back