• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Road Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistol_grip_polara

Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am posting this for my dad, I will tell you all that I know about it... however, if you pm me, i will return a pm with his telephone number... other then that, please read, and hopefully the pics will load...

This is a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner. Is originally B5 blue. Needs to be painted however, we did not paint it becuase we felt at this point, a new paint job could mean we were hiding body work.. this car is VERY straight and rust free. You can see there is minimal body work needed.

He purchased the car in the mid-80's in pieces. Was originally a 383 car. it is now a 71 440 hp with a 4-speed and 3:55 suregrip 8 3/4. it has dual exhaust, with hp manifolds, a factory 4bbl intake with a holley. It does come with a cast iron 6pk manifold and carbs and some misc. pieces. has air shocks, console, pistol grip, buckets, beep beep horn, power drum brakes, power steering.

The motor is not stock, has many aftermarket internals, however i do not know the specifics.

All the interior, moldings, bumpers, lenses, etc. are original 1970 parts. Though it may not be original to the car, he has parted out and rebuilt numerous 1970 b body's and hoarder a ton of parts.. (trust me.. I remember countless times him dumping out bucket after bucket to find the correct screws/bolts.. etc... drove me nuts sometimes but it has paid off..)

It does need a few things... it does not have the correct center caps, needs paint (obviously) the console lid is an automatic cut for the shifter, and the gearbox leaked, so we changed it to another one we had, and now for some reason, when you start the car, it turns to left automatically.

Car is road worthy, hasnt had many miles put on it, just around our small town, and on and off the trailer at a few car shows...

It has been stored in doors since he bought it, and i will edit this, but i believe the mileage is 97K.. When we went to change out the front brakes, they still had the chrysler pentastar and b5 blue overspray on the shoes... most likely original??? Very minimal rust, maybe the size of a 50 cent piece behind the tire.. The fuel tank has been gone through, rear end was rebuilt..

Im sure i am forgetting something.. but best to talk to him.. NO FENDER TAG OR BUILD SHEET. We got a fender tag with it, but didnt look closely and realized later, it is not a match.. It is a lynch road car.. if it matters to any..

Had it posted locally for $20K... with numerous calls and offers for $12-$16K.. he turned em all down.. Looking to get $18K...

We own a body shop and price negotiations can include it being painted, (will be more then the asking price as that is how it is now) however as previously stated, wanted the buyer to see how good the body is before it is painted.

Also the rust in the trunk is just surface rust, and the center of it was por-15'd to prevent it rusting out.. The hood does latch, was just taking pictures, and all the missing moldings for the top and glass are in the trunk..

IMG_0107.jpg

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

image-5.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

any chance of you selling me them 'dere defroster hoses that ya got in yonder trunk????

Not those ones persay... but the joy of parting out as many as he has.. Has a very good surplus of parts from 68-70 b body cars. If you send me a pm with your e-mail or a phone number i can have him get in contact with you..

**Bump** This car is still for sale. Havent done much advertising lately. Has collector plates on it now, and have been driving it a little here and there to keep everything working.. May entertain b or e body in trade. If anyone is interested, we MAY take it to the Swap meet In Monroe WA the first weekend in Oct.

** Bump ** Just talked to my dad. He has is other '70 torn apart with the engine out and needs to rebuild the front end. Said he is a little more willing to deal. PM for his number and you can talk to him. Serious Cash offer and he'll sell it.

RR

love the car,if that thing had a fender tag it would be in my garage byy now,good luck with the sale.

ANy chance of selling the console and shifter out of it or another one you may be parting out???

Every one wants a fender tag... Is what it is. Lol. We aren't into numbers cars. They are cool but only important for resale... Built the car to drive, he just wants to upgrade his other one and doesn't need two.

Not parting out. Sorry.

Hate to say it, but he probably should have taken the offers he had! That is a lot of money for the car in that condition in this economy! Lots of luck!

You guys own a body shop, yet put bondo (plastic filler) rite over paint???? That's a huge no no that even a body novas knows better than to do.

You guys own a body shop, yet put bondo (plastic filler) rite over paint???? That's a huge no no that even a body novas knows better than to do.

Don't ya just love people that make assumptions?? I don't recall the ad stating that we are the ones that applied the bondo in the pictures. We are not the original owners, some stuff was done by previous owner. Stranger things have been known to happen...

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to say it, but he probably should have taken the offers he had! That is a lot of money for the car in that condition in this economy! Lots of luck!

Everyone that has offered 15k has stated that there isn't enough profit to be made. He isn't looking to sell for 15k, so someone can put a 5k paint job on it along with some time and sell it for 25-30k. If someone is looking to own a true 1970 roadrunner with a big block 4-speed, it is worth 17-18k.

As far as condition, I have yet to find one as complete and rust free as this for the same money, just short of adding 10k to the price and purchase one that is painted...

Sorry if I offend anyone.

just a bunch of KNIT PIKKERS here trying to get a nice car for next to nothing. everyone has something negative to say all the time. the man did not ask for your criticism and negativity, and im sure he dont care what the market is. he is selling a car. if you are interested in the car, then talk to the guy about it. dont sit there and make assumptions about a vehicle that none of you have seen. sounds to me like he is being honest about the body and whatnot....and from what i can see , thats a good solid car that needs some attention...NOT CRITICISM !

Just checking...are you positive the fender tag is not the correct one? I've heard Lynch Rd tags are different, but don't know about how the VIN is marked on them. Perhaps they are like the 68 fender tags and have the vehicle order number instead of the VIN on them. Does the number on the fender tag match the number on the radiator support and the one in the trunk weather strip channel?

Just checking...are you positive the fender tag is not the correct one? I've heard Lynch Rd tags are different, but don't know about how the VIN is marked on them. Perhaps they are like the 68 fender tags and have the vehicle order number instead of the VIN on them. Does the number on the fender tag match the number on the radiator support and the one in the trunk weather strip channel?

I will double check VIN numbers. The car was purchased from a guy in the area that had a bunch of mopars. He was moving to another state and was selling all of his b-bodies. Only wanted to keep his e-body. My dad purchased a few cars from him, and lots of parts over the years. This was the only one that came with a bunch of parts that he had to make some extra trips for. Im sure the guy had the right fender tag, but no one checked at the time. The car sat in dry storage for quite a few years. He also picked up a 70 Satellite that he is now the 2nd owner of. He built the sat for a drive with a 318, with plans to finish the roadrunner at a later date. Not until recently had we realized the fender tag dilemma, and upon trying to find the previous owner, he had passed away about 2 yrs ago.

I will look again at the fender tag we have. I know lynch road fender tags are different. The VIN number on the dash matches the one on the front radiator support and the one in the trunk channel, (first 2 places anyone goes when the look at the car) however, it did not match the fender tag. It has been a few years since it was looked at. I will look again, if it is the correct tag, I will take my punishment, :tied up:.

FROM WHAT I CAN TELL, I know the car was originally a 383 by the VIN. I believe it was originally a 4-speed bench seat car, based on the fact that the console brackets that are in it are purple, and the car is a b5 blue car. It came with a non console pistol grip shifter and a nov 69 date code RM 383, (not numbers matching) the 383 was going to be built for the car, but went with the 71 hp 440 as it was already built.

Still have the car.. had a few trade offers but nothing panned out. Couple of guys have come and looked at it. Would like to see this go to someone who will give it the attention it needs. Hate to see it sit around.

I have not been on the forum in awhile.. I will try and get back regularly, but best to shoot me a pm.

Had it traded for a small block '73 cuda, but they guy ended up with a cash offer on the cuda and sold it... and an offer for a big block 65 dodge but wasn't an equal trade, and wouldn't put cash with it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back