• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 RR Fender Tag Question for the experts

Ok guys - I have another question about the L31 option. Was the Power Bulge Hood lights insert a factory piece with the holes already cut? My car should have the L31 option but the lights are not installed into the insert. I suspect it is an after market piece. to use the insert I'd have to cut out the parts that would mount the lights. Which is what expect I'll need to do. Just wondering if there was a pre-cut after market insert.

Thanks

BC

Some updated photos of the work being done so far...

View attachment 1722234

View attachment 1722235

View attachment 1722236

View attachment 1722237
The RR hood insert panel had knock-out plugs for the turn signal lights..
The plugs just pop out..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Ok guys - I have another question about the L31 option. Was the Power Bulge Hood lights insert a factory piece with the holes already cut? My car should have the L31 option but the lights are not installed into the insert. I suspect it is an after market piece. to use the insert I'd have to cut out the parts that would mount the lights. Which is what expect I'll need to do. Just wondering if there was a pre-cut after market insert.

Thanks

BC

Some updated photos of the work being done so far...

View attachment 1722234

View attachment 1722235

View attachment 1722236

View attachment 1722237
Mine had the inserts cut out and lights installed from the factory. But road runners without the light option had solid inserts like you show. Other people have successfully cut them out to install the lights.
This link shows what the back should look like: www.ebay.com/itm/116316551639?_nkw=1970+road+runner+hood+insert&itmmeta=01J72MGCQ33FJX1TAXKF43R8VS&hash=item1b1501b9d7:g:rJ4AAOSw0yZmcw2L&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAABAHoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKlj0RyhQ6e9nu7bKi3TF1mdr0Clvp3cqO0X0q02wgmth%2By68RB3a1vaCiZcM4MMUw%2BFftZPQLaID8m4rtpDc9QbYWi8xXY1WXQnVvDSbMFIqQmpoKIVkOovZJXE4lmpz%2FfIZjnfDkB65%2FHHjHISs7vDH6LQDiGmrGKIBi2cQaQHCQZvoVeusERtwW44VyXDifdUDkR%2Fta0iV%2B9V19LvNgogwaToNlMV25nWS3k3WJDQdgjizlDTrPDtfLrMgYZgg7njQHBj78oh3MYmC4d8Jgc3s9ZB9RkQZPtbBq2xw3NStnTHKET4LLZ61c%2Fht861wQA%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-TLwdS4ZA
1725591910914.png

1725591935639.png

Was the Power Bulge Hood lights insert a factory piece with the holes already cut?
Yes.

There were two pieces made by the factory, one with the holes cut out for the factory and one with metal in the place of the lamps like your picture. I'm sure people have cut out the metal and made the lights fit, but if you can find a factory piece it will save you time and hassle.

(I looked for pictures from my car when it was restored, but unfortunately didn't find any of that piece without the lights.)

This is the original piece from my car. My car was not a hood turn signal car
GTX concours 3.JPG
no signals.jpeg
signals.jpeg
, so no cutouts. Not the best pictures, but maybe it'll help. I don't have a picture of the piece not mounted.

The factory made them with holes cut out and no holes. Plenty of these cars never had L31 lights.

I doubt the aftermarket ever made this panel. It only fits one year and model of car and it rarely get damaged from an accident, or would need replacing.

The factory made them with holes cut out and no holes. Plenty of these cars never had L31 lights.

I doubt the aftermarket ever made this panel. It only fits one year and model of car and it rarely get damaged from an accident, or would need replacing.
They used to be available from places like Classic, to go with new hoods, but seem to have been discontinued now.
1725647491549.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back