• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Hellcat Charger

zslacker

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
I want to try something different so I got this 71 Charger and hauled it into my garage last week for an engine/transmission upgrade. Its a remarkably rust free car, originally a 383 4 speed, power brakes manual steering. Been off the road for decades. I will install a new Hellcrate engine and a 6 speed Silversport Tremec. I believe I have every part needed except the driveline and wheels although theres probably some part I've missed. I have not decided what type of exhaust system to use. Most importantly the engine came with nearly 40 pages of instructions, how hard can it be?

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6708.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5101.JPG

74493612737__5C0ABFFA-3A57-46B2-BB49-D7C8064C8699.JPG

Love the color! Im biased though. lol

Post yer progress...we'll be watching!!!

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Nice project!
But you might want to put some jack stands under the rear of the car in lieu of the single stack of bricks.

Nice project!
But you might want to put some jack stands under the rear of the car in lieu of the single stack of bricks.
Thats where I picked it up, both rear drums were supported by bricks. A real safety hazard

Nice project!
Bricks and a little piece of wood for a cushion I suppose! Thats not my place, its how I found the car. Its now in my garage, properly secured with the correct jack stands

IMG_6815.JPG

Nice score! Looks like SE badges on the side. Love the hidden head lights. Of course, I’m biased.

71 383/4-speed SE is fairly rare combination (195).

Spent time getting the car cleaned up some and organizing the parts. Not a lot of rust here.

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6844.JPG

Wow what a nice clean charger! Are you going to do any chassis stiffening on it?

Auto Transport Service
Back