• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 440 oil filter

Punch a hole in the end of the can and let it drain. You can buy things called flexible funnels,like the cardboard idea but stays where you form it.

This Wix is the big boy that adds 1 quart of oil capacity. I just changed the oil yesterday. The creased cardboard and slip the filter out by the splash guard and it is a easy job.

IMG_3677.jpeg

I change the oil AND filter every 3000 miles and have done so for the last 56 years and I have never had an issue getting the filter out of my '68 GTX. Messy, yes but not impossible.

I do it from under the car simply lying on a creeper with the front end either on jack stands or on a set of ramps. I have to slide it around a bit but it drops out every time.

I usually just remove it from the engine then let it rest on the sway bar and drain before manipulating it out.

I ALWAYS use the long filters and have been using the 51515 Wix for a couple of decades now.

Auto Transport Service
Back