• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 dodge Charger and so it begins, the under dash electronic mess

These are two of the harnesses related to the hideaways. Repros but supodselly loyal to the original colors. Firewall section and extension up to the hideaways motor.
IMG_0188.jpeg
IMG_0187.jpeg

So I went out and had another look this morning. Enclosed are a few pictures. The first one shows the grommet through the firewall at the location where the Cruise is supposed to go through? second is the connector right there and the other end goes into the harness. I find the black/red and blue yellow at the connector for the headlight motor. really strange. When I look at the cruise control, everything seems to be there and hooked up. But, keep in mind, I am not at all a Dodge Charger guy, but I am trying to learn!!! LOL

IMG_0171[1].JPG

IMG_0172[1].JPG

IMG_0173[1].JPG

Maybe the Cruise control is conected outside but the interior section is missed, cut or whatever.
I can see on one of the pics a 4 ways male molex insulator with a single red wire in it. Weird, because on our cars there is no 4 ways molex plugs down the dash EXCEPT for the cruise control. There are two ways (seatbelts light) and three ways (map light) but no other 4 ways as far I recall. The only 4 ways molex plug on all the car is on trunk for the tail lights.

74s get also a 4 ways molex plug on interlock seatbelt system on bench cars, but that’s down the carpet around the tranny hump. Same than some other two ways.

These are some pics I have on my phone. I'm not sure what year the firewall is but it should be similar.
IMG_20211109_070428717.jpg
IMG_20200317_150340358.jpg

These are some pics I have on my phone. I'm not sure what year the firewall is but it should be similar.View attachment 1699320View attachment 1699321
Yeah, that is my firewall and the grommet that should have the cruise control wires to the engine bay right above/beside the junction box has two wires coming through it, but it looks like they end up at the headlamp motor. I'm going to have another look today maybe and start removing a few things to make sure it just isn't tucked up behind the cluster or some weird deal. I mean I see the two wires hanging down for the brake speed control in a plug and then that 4 wire plug hanging there from the column. nothing is there to plug into it. Now, after seeing what was done before I got the car, well, not good as far as whomever worked on it. But, the good news is everything seems to be working right now except the head lights. And of course the cruise. I should also mention that the cruise, after the six pack conversion was never hooked to the carb.

Auto Transport Service
Back