• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Road Runner Grille: What did Plymouth say?

Dibbons

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Most everyone I see is a big fan of the '72 Road Runner grille. I was wondering what Chrysler/Plymouth had to say about it back then? Is anyone privy to literature, announcements, advertisements, promotions, commercials, or posters from back then that specifically promote/explain/praise the new style grille? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 4.39.45 PM.png

I never cared for it,just dosn't seem too fit the cars attitude.

It was definitely an excellent change from '71 with the basic Satellite grille with a different emblem or paint scheme. One of the best looking grilles Mopar ever made.
17886223-1972-plymouth-road-runner-std.jpg

I like the ‘72 grill. The corporate side marker lights... yuck.

I agree, I converted my '72 Satellite back to the '71 side markers (and matching '71 rear bumper) but slapped on the '72 RR grille. I lot of work involved, but made me a happy camper.

I agree, I converted my '72 Satellite back to the '71 side markers (and matching '71 rear bumper) but slapped on the '72 RR grille. I lot of work involved, but made me a happy camper.
I think I sold you the grille brackets..

Interesting Man Post_count_meme.jpg

Well, actually... I have grown to like that look up front. It's the back end that throws me off still.

'70 rear end is much more to my favourite style and appeal.....

70 Plymouth.jpg

unlike later renderings . . . .
71 Plymouth.jpg

:lol:

Sure looks odd not in the car.

I like it.

...and I don't mind the "corporate" side markers.

Auto Transport Service
Back