• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger body parts - who sells?

Cudatali

Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the B-Body forum. I personally own a 71 Demon and a 70 Cuda and own a body shop. I always rely on the valuable help provided by the forum members on my projects and customer's vehicles. Today we got a 1973 Charger that needs a Right Front Fender, front lower valance and some suspension parts. My quick google searches for fender came back empty. Where can I find body parts for this car? thanks!!

Best chance is going be someone with a nice factory set. Aftermarket hasn’t caught up with the later models yet. There are some differences in fenders between 71-73 that you’ll have to look out for. 73’s have different corner lenses and wheel well openings are a little different size as well. Other than that they’ll interchange. I just purchased a nice set from a guy locally for my dads 73. Valances are available through AMD. Suspension stuff is available through a number of places just depending on what your looking for. You’re at the right place though. Loads of help on here!

Last edited:
Differences in 71/72/73-74 fenders and 71-72/73-74 valences have been discussed in detail on the forums here.

Basically 71 and 72 are one year only because of the marker light. They also have a different wheel opening radius and bumper bracket clearance notches than 73-74.

AFAIK, 73 and 74 are direct interchange.

AFAIK no one makes fenders. AMD may make the valence but I'm almost certain it would be 71-72, which has different bracket spacing but could be made to work.

In order to use a 71-72 valence on 73-74, the frame brackets need to be removed and put back on in a different place.

I sold a nice 73 fender to a buddy of mine for his stock I'll see if it's still there and witch side I Know it was nice

I sold a nice 73 fender to a buddy of mine for his stock I'll see if it's still there and witch side I Know it was nice
Any luck on this fender? The one on the car is pretty bad and it's been worked on quite a few times. I rather start on a healthier fender. thanks!

AMD makes a 71,72 valence pan, and a 73,74 valence pan for Chargers. The valence pan is the same,but the mounting brackets are different. As far as a fender goes,they are not reproduced, so a nice used fender is your best choice.

My 73 Charger has a new AMD front valence pan on it. It fit nice.
20180720_170046.jpg

Any luck on this fender? The one on the car is pretty bad and it's been worked on quite a few times. I rather start on a healthier fender. thanks!

Am at the shop now it's a driver's side

Auto Transport Service
Back