• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 charger kill switch

moparvinson

Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
My son wants to install an ignition kill switch in his charger. Can he splice into on of the 2 wires to the distributor or is there a better one to use? Thanks

My son wants to install an ignition kill switch in his charger. Can he splice into on of the 2 wires to the distributor or is there a better one to use? Thanks
I would switch ignition power under the dash. The pickup coil wires would be too obvious to a thief. There are sources for FSMs to check on wiring circuitry available online.
Mike

Intercept the transmission park switch wiring under the dash before it gets to the bulkhead connector.

Any thief will go straight for the ballast resistor or coil. But with park switch disabled, it will take longer to figure out.

At any rate, if a thief wants that car, not much will stop them. The trick is to slow them down to the point where they give up and go to another car.

Original ECU? You could isolate the ECU from chassis ground and get that ground wired from inside with the switch. I think that is nobody will tell that could be the issue for a no Start engine.

The NSS switch even it seems to be a good idea, it’s still easy to crank it up with screw driver straight to the relay stud.. or even to the starter motor itself

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back