• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Day Blizzard

kevin403

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
So, over the last 2 days in Calgary we have been going through a blizzard warning. Clean up is still underway as today is 2 days after the blizzard. Snow stopped, but, the wind is brutal. It's not too bad right now a nice -20C (-4F).

Attachments

• Dec13 - Grader.jpg
    Dec13 - Grader.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 380
  • Dec13-Bus2.jpg
    Dec13-Bus2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Dec13-Bus.jpg
    Dec13-Bus.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 317
Better you than me Kevin. I hate snow and have no idea why I live here. Oh I forgot.....because my better half is here and I like the other 3 seasons....just not the season that starts with W.

I always thought there were only 3 seasons in that area ... Winter, July and August.

Not bad today. Tomorrow calling for -35C that is -31F. Glad I don't do service work on rooftops anymore.

That's pretty much bang on Dryheat

As long as you can scrape the snow off the ice and play hockey nothing else matters.:icon_hockey:

no thanks, not for me, we get enough snow here already, without the sub zero temps... stay warm

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought there were only 3 seasons in that area ... Winter, July and August.

Sounds like when I lived in Alaska we had only 3 seasons really, a long Winters, short Summers & thaw/break-up...

My favorite line from "How I Met Your Mother." Robin (from Canada) says 'I dated him the whole summer, it was the best two weeks of my life."
Stay warm.

I live just outside of Calgary, and work in the city. It's been pretty crazy in some places! The drifts are insanely high and wind packed. Good luck staying warm!

Ya. I heard the town if strathmore people were sleeping in their cars on the highway. Town was still isolated last I heard and the highway was still closed.

Plenty of snow here in Lethbridge. I won't be shoveling any more drifts though, I'm getting too old for that. This made the decision on a snow blower real easy!! May get used only a couple times a year, maybe not even, but then it should last a long time.

I had a bit of frost on the grass this morning.

I feel for you in Alberta though. My daughter is in Red Deer and she's been telling me about it.

The storm has made its way across the prairies and now we are getting it. Time to get out the snow blower.

I can't even remember what its like to have that kind of weather. Parents in Red Deer at the moment. Not a lot of snow in Perth. Keep safe and warm.

Well it can be worse! It's -30 here now with a wind chill warning in effect. Brrrrrr

"Frigid temperatures combined with brisk winds will create extreme wind chill values near minus 45 this morning. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes."

And you leave your engine running when you stop at the store!

& also engine block heaters, to plug it in at night... stay warm guys, you have my sympathy

Auto Transport Service
Back