• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 door conversion on my 65 Coronet Wagon

adart4me

Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my 65 Dodge Coronet 440 Wagon, after putting new pans in the car, I got a wild idea that it would be cool if it was a 2 door hard top. So I had another 2 door 65 Coronet that I cut all the peices out of to make it a two door hard top. I did not shorten the car. Here are a few pics. It is getting painted black next week, its also getting a super stock hood scoop on it. I am also not putting any of the chrome moldings back on the car.

project 014.jpg

project 018.jpg

SW 001.jpg

SW 004.jpg

SW 006.jpg

SW 008.jpg

Looking good.Are you going to make the space behind the door a fixed window or a roll up ?

Bloody awesome, I'm actually going through the plans to turn my '64 330 wagon into a two door. I'm hoping to make mine a post though, so will probably end up making my 2dr doors. The hard top does look killer though.

Some of us in Michigan(and perhaps elsewhere) still use this term to describe a way-cool idea:

"THAT'S JUST *******!!!"

Great idea,and the execution looks quite nice. I'm with 68383GTS;whatcha gonna do 'bout da window? Doesn't look like enough room for a mechanism for a roll-down. Good luck,and we like pics of progress.

That is freakin' sweet!!!!

There's something that should help you stand out at the shows. Nice way to add your own individual taste to it.

No its got the full mechanism and the windows go up and line up perfectly. Thanks for the thoughts on this guys.

Nice Job! Saw a '62 Ply at a show one day and the guy did the same thing. Wouldn't have known it if he wouldn't have told me. :)

So did you use the same front doors or go to bigger doors off a 2 door car.What ever you did it looks good.

Those are two door, doors. Basically everything off of a 65 Coronet 2 door hard top was cut out and used on this car. I will post more pics next week when it is painted black.

Here are a few pics of it painted black with a coat of clear, now this was just for a inspection under some neon lights to see if the body work was going to show any flaws. It will be resanded and some more work done to it and than shot with Superblack and than with clear next week. These pics should give you a good feel of what the car will some what look like when done.

SW5-13-10 0021.jpg

SW5-13-10 0030.jpg

SW5-13-10 0040.jpg

Looking good ! I like it alot. :yes: Ron

ahh man, that would be an awesome car to pull my 65 440 around !! ... need to find me a wagon !

re

Well the guy I bought this 440 Wagon from had originally bought the wagon to be his tow vehicle for his 65 440 Coronet. I ended up buying a 65 500, 65 440 and this 65 wagon from him.

Auto Transport Service
Back