• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed motor to 3 speed switch

milit73

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
Can this be done? I asked this in another thread and think I have seen the same question but thought I would ask. This is in a 68 Superbee. Thanks ahead of time. Jim

You need to talk to this lady...She is an expert in refurbishing 2 and 3 speed motors...She will be able to help you with your wiring issue ..Here name is Kim and she is a member of this forum..
www.passion4mopars.com
Petty Blue 67 gTx

No won't work, wish I could say it would, but it wont. More often than not I hear my wipers won't park and they just shut off where ever I turn them off at and normally it turns out that's a 3 speed motor and a 2 speed switch.

You have a 2 speed motor and 2 speed crank and 3 speed switch? Two speed motor won't work with a 3 speed crank arm either, the combination of the 3 components has to be "right" for the wipers to function correctly, i.e., wiper, crank arm and switch

Hope that helps?

Thanks for the information. Do you know where I can get a 2 speed switch? I have a three speed switch now knowing that won't work I will see if someone needs it here. It came with the Rally setup I purchased off ebay so not sure if it is good but has a nice chrome toggle.

Call Kim she,ll hook you up...1-865-365-5833
Petty Blue 67 gTx

I might have a two speed switch, toggle I believe will interchange if yours is nice.

Shoot me an email or give me a call?

Thank you 1badgtx for the kind kind words! :icon_redface:

This is a picture of the dash before I took out the 3 speed switch. It has not been tested but should work as all of the others have except the dimmer which is in need of cleaning.

Attachments

• PC130401.jpg
    PC130401.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 222
No won't work, wish I could say it would, but it wont. More often than not I hear my wipers won't park and they just shut off where ever I turn them off at and normally it turns out that's a 3 speed motor and a 2 speed switch.

You have a 2 speed motor and 2 speed crank and 3 speed switch? Two speed motor won't work with a 3 speed crank arm either, the combination of the 3 components has to be "right" for the wipers to function correctly, i.e., wiper, crank arm and switch

Hope that helps?

You need a 3 speed wiper motor, three speed switch, and you need to change the wiper linkage cam to a 3 speed unit. These items cam often be found on the higher priced/optioned C bodies.

These items cam often be found on the higher priced/optioned C bodies.

Correct. In fact the switch that I have is from a C body...nice talking to you on the phone and we'll be back in touch and get that wiper and switch working :hello2:

Correct. In fact the switch that I have is from a C body...nice talking to you on the phone and we'll be back in touch and get that wiper and switch working :hello2:

I just tried to answer you question so it was really understandable....pics are the only way to do it really but my camera just took a crap....friggin Nikons....think I'm goin back to Fujis.

The rocker switch and the dicast housing on the C Body switch is different from a B Body so you cant even change the rockers to match unless you completely disassemble it and use the C Body guts and the B Body dicast housing and rocker.:violent1: Smashin Camera

WHAAAAAT??? Now we gotta buy you ANOTHER new camera???? Dude between cell phones, cameras and chainsaws lately you're breaking the bank ROTFLMAO :bootyshake:

Thanks for all of the help and I will try and find a two speeed switch or maybe have mine fixed.

Difference In Switches

I finally Got Some pics together to show you the diff in the dicast cases.
If you download the pics the are named what they are.....hope it helps.

Attachments

• B Body 3 Spd.JPG
    B Body 3 Spd.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 191
  • C Body 3 Spd-1.JPG
    C Body 3 Spd-1.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 205
  • C Body 2 Spd-1.JPG
    C Body 2 Spd-1.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 193
  • C Body 2 Spd-2.JPG
    C Body 2 Spd-2.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
He shoots, he scores! Thanks Jerry for the photos (and that's what the "better half" does, comes in for the assist LOL)

Thanks for the help I was able to find one on ebay for 45.00 with a good toggle also. Hope to have all of the electrical put back together in the next couple of weeks. I know who to talk to about doing a convertion in the future if I need to. Thanks again

Auto Transport Service
Back