• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 hemi air cleaner paint ?

19 69 GTX

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Getting ready to have my 69 Hemi Gtx air cleaner painted and was curious what sheen is the base. Also was there any decals on it that year. I really like the big HEMI decal.

Gloss black on the base
Gloss orange on the lid

Best I remember, the only decal on the lid is the small yellow instructions decal

The Air Grabber lid is a slightly different shade of orange than the engine color, referred to as air cleaner orange. I don’t think the air grabber baseplate is gloss black, maybe 80% gloss. I used semi gloss black on my ‘69.

IMG_4768.jpeg

I think the oversized HEMI decal is a ‘70+ thing…

The Air Grabber lid is a slightly different shade of orange than the engine color, referred to as air cleaner orange. I don’t think the air grabber baseplate is gloss black, maybe 80% gloss. I used semi gloss black on my ‘69.

View attachment 1691398

Damn that looks nice

Is the master cylinder plate at firewall gloss black or semi gloss..

View attachment 1691398

Also where did u get the filter

Also where did u get the filter
The most correct filter in my collection of many filters, other than the OE that I lent Kevin King at Year One for reference, is Year One's latest offering that they had fabricated.

Auto Transport Service
Back