• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 wedge pistons anyone??

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
I have my old 426 Max Wedge block that will clean up at .030" - .040" but I am having a hell of a time finding off the shelf forged pistons like TRW or Sealed Power. Call me Rip Van Winkle, but Whazzzup? Did the 440 overshadow the other RB's to the point no one wants to mess with them anymore? I'm determined to use my old 426 in my 69 RR because it's been in the family way too long, so if anyone has a good part number for some flat top 2.065" pin height pistons (basically six pac spec units) I would like to know about it. I know I can have some custom made by Wiseco or?? but just checking if someone has been down this road before, which could save a lot of hassle.

Yes, I know the 440 is more cost effective, blah - blah, so please don't reply telling me I should use a 440. I am on a mission with my old 426.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Well RIP VAN, I hate to tell ya, but not only are they stupid hard to even see at a show, there damn near impossible to find. You did sleep right through anything for them. There so old it's hard to get much for them nevermind anything updated.

The stuff is out there, but HELL YA the 440 not just over shadowed them, they put them in the museum like a hundred years ago. Right next to the Dino's.

You go on and build that thing on uip and show'em what it can do. I look very foward to that!

Well RIP VAN, I hate to tell ya, but not only are they stupid hard to even see at a show, there damn near impossible to find. You did sleep right through anything for them. There so old it's hard to get much for them nevermind anything updated.

The stuff is out there, but HELL YA the 440 not just over shadowed them, they put them in the museum like a hundred years ago. Right next to the Dino's.

You go on and build that thing on uip and show'em what it can do. I look very foward to that!

Oooh, I guess right there with my Tahiti Tiger jet boat, my TT 500 and the 67 Ducati 250 Scrambler - damn....

The Dvorak site is interesting. Thanks. I believe he used to race Max Wedge station wagons back in the good 'ol days?

LOL, No insult ment. All classics but falling behind in updated materials and popularity.

I said it before and Ill say it again, build that baby up and show'em how it's done.

No insult taken - really. I'm just going to build it as a street car with a six pac. It will be a one of none 426 wedge six pac 4 spd RR with an air grabber.

You might contact the guys on the 62-65 mopar website to see if they can help.

That's a good idea.

I spoke to Dvorak yesterday and he basically said go to JE or someone and have some made....If I can't find any through the 62-65 guys then I'll run off and make some nice forged flat tops yielding about 9.5:1 CR with closed chamber heads - I like the quench - so if anyone else is looking for some holler.

Dvorak also made the suggestion of building a piston around a .030" or .040" over Ford 427 size, which turns out to be .010" - .020" over for a 426. That could be good news for you 413 guys too.

.....And yes, he is the guy that hung around with Pete Tritak in the 60's racing the Max Wedge powered wagons.

Auto Transport Service
Back