• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 6 pack

Look, I'm kinda in the same situation as the o.p. I've got a 440 Sixpack manifold, (rec'd free!) so I've researched inexpensive ways to make use of it . Other than just throwing massive cash at it (well over $2k for three new holleys, plus linkages and fuel lines and an air cleaner, maybe another $1k) or finding and redo-ing old carbs, the Chinese knockoffs seem to be a potential way to go.
Bottom line: they'd be going on a non original car that never could have had a Sixpack, and I don't believe the cobled together mess could possibly run better than the team-g and 850 race Brawler that's on it.
Sooooo...... I guess the Sixpack ain't gonna happen.

Look, I'm kinda in the same situation as the o.p. I've got a 440 Sixpack manifold, (rec'd free!) so I've researched inexpensive ways to make use of it . Other than just throwing massive cash at it (well over $2k for three new holleys, plus linkages and fuel lines and an air cleaner, maybe another $1k) or finding and redo-ing old carbs, the Chinese knockoffs seem to be a potential way to go.
Bottom line: they'd be going on a non original car that never could have had a Sixpack, and I don't believe the cobled together mess could possibly run better than the team-g and 850 race Brawler that's on it.
Sooooo...... I guess the Sixpack ain't gonna happen.
You'd be better off just selling the six barrel manifold.....start out high then reduce the $$ until it sells consisting what it cost you......and take your wife/partner on vacation or a great dinner......
BOB RENTON

You'd be better off just selling the six barrel manifold.....start out high then reduce the $$ until it sells consisting what it cost you......and take your wife/partner on vacation or a great dinner......
BOB RENTON
I got it free, cause it's been modified, badly and unsuccessfully, for an under-the-manifold nitrous setup. IF I had carbs, it could be repaired, but without carbs doing the repair is kinda pointless, and it's un-saleable as is.

Looked on Summit racing website: 4672 end carb $683.95 X 2
4144 center carb $ 1008.95
Edelbrock 3X2 intake $529.16
Plus, like you mentioned, install kit, idle solenoid, air cleaner assembly, etc. Unreal.

I got it free, cause it's been modified, badly and unsuccessfully, for an under-the-manifold nitrous setup. IF I had carbs, it could be repaired, but without carbs doing the repair is kinda pointless, and it's un-saleable as is.
Probably make a great door stop....too light for a boat anchor......
BOB RENTON

Looked on Summit racing website: 4672 end carb $683.95 X 2
4144 center carb $ 1008.95
Edelbrock 3X2 intake $529.16
Plus, like you mentioned, install kit, idle solenoid, air cleaner assembly, etc. Unreal.
Over a thousand bucks for a two barrel carb with the wrong LIST # for an original application. What's wrong with this picture?

Yeah I agree I got mine in a package deal 68 440 with intake carbs and linkage for $900. The air filters are $125, and I have quite a bit in the air cleaner. Not putting the solenoid on mine.

I went with 1971 reproduction carbs from summit, they usually have those in stock. 4670 and 4672 are the part numbers. They work great.. also added the quickfuel plates which allow for easy jet changes.

If the OP does manage to buy a set up it will be for sale in less than a year as it is obvious that the OP has no experience with this which is going to be a major PIA to get and keep running.

I've had 6 pack/barrel systems for a long time, I know how to tune them and keep them running BUT on cars that don't get driven a lot and with today's fuel they are at best problematic.

This is why I went with an EFI 6 pack/barrel system for one of my big blocks and one of my small blocks. Once set up, they are good.

Auto Transport Service
Back