• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 CAM AND LIFTER QUESTIONS:

Mo Schouvillier

Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Looking for recommendation's on the cam I should use for my restoration. I want something close to stock for the 68' HP, good low end power, and maybe just a tad bit raspier sounding. There will be no racing involved (At least not serious) as the car's too rare to screw up. Then there's the question of quality- Only want to do this once. Thanks in advance
20190807_170451.jpg

Beautiful car! I see it has the rare for ‘68 rubber bumper guards. You rarely see them.

Give Hughes Engines a call. They only deal Mopar and are a sponsor for this site. You won't be disappointed.

30 Years ago, when I built my engines, The Mopar Performance "Magnum" cam was the go-to piece, but I realize that cam technology has come a long ways since then, with more aggressive profiles. Shorter overlaps keep your engine vacuum up, which you need for good street use.

I put a comp 270 in a lower compression 440. It ran really good, just a little lope but still pretty smooth. Good torque. It's 224 @.050 470 lift. Just a nice running cam. With manifolds it laid over around 5300 rpm

One vote for good ol' Mopar purpleshafts here (that's Fred in the video):

Auto Transport Service
Back