• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

452 or 906 heads for 440 build

452 flow as well and have hardened seats. If you won’t be machining away the hardened part, 452 is a nice choice. If you are cutting that away, it doesn’t matter much. Also, if you don’t drive much it doesn’t matter much either.

Then I’d talk to the head porter and see if there will be a difference in the cost for porting.

906’s flow a bit more in truly “ootb” form, but are more labor intensive than a 452 for a given cfm point, from about 240 up to about 280cfm or so.
More porting time usually = more expense.

Aside from that, I’d probably use which ever were in better condition, and had less core shift.

Then I’d talk to the head porter and see if there will be a difference in the cost for porting.

906’s flow a bit more in truly “ootb” form, but are more labor intensive than a 452 for a given cfm point, from about 240 up to about 280cfm or so.
More porting time usually = more expense.

Aside from that, I’d probably use which ever were in better condition, and had less core shift.
Sweet.......I always like your rational, well thought out responses.

Auto Transport Service
Back