• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Polara 500

billpierce

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

Finally have the car I have been after for 50 years.
My grandparents bought this new in 1963. My aunt had it for about the last 10 years. She handed it down to me and I picked it up yesterday.
I have the original sales receipt, Window sticker, and all the receipts from the dealership for maintenance over the years.
IMG_4483.jpeg

IMG_4502.jpeg

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6204.jpeg

Beautiful! Is that original or a restoration? 318?

Beautiful car, Bill. Good to see it stays in the family. Take good care of it. I always have liked the '63's, especially the Polara 500.

Outstanding! Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_5211.jpeg

Welcome. She's a beauty!

Bill:
Welcome from Southern CA.
That is just a beautiful time capsule there.
You will turn some heads in it, nice PIC's !!!

That is one of my all time favorite mopars, i am jealous :) enjoy!

Picture of my friend's Canadian-built 1963 Dodge 440 series. We did not have either Polara or Polara 500 in Canada in 1963, so 440 series was our top trim level, and used Polara tail lights. 1963 Canadian B-bodies all used Plymouth dash, as well. I inherited my Dad's 1963 Dodge 440 convertible, back in 1970. I also had a Canadian Dodge 440 4-door hardtop, with Sport Package around that time. That gave it factory bucket seats and glove box between seats, like a U.S. Polara 500. We actually hade a Dodge 220 series in Canada. About the only chrome on them was the door handles.

P9060048.JPG

P9060049.JPG

P9060046.JPG

Welcome from Alabama, nice to see another original big block Polora 500.

my grandpa was good about keeping records. Found this book in the console with every tank of gas ever put in the car. I will cary on with doing the same.
Check out the price of a tank of ethol in 1962.
IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4510.jpeg

So $.33/gal was for HiTest or was gas just real expensive in that area?

Congrats Bill, That is one special car that was really cared for ! Now YOU are the new caretaker ! Good luck

newwelcome.jpg
Congrats on being the next in line of what appears to be a long line of excellent stewards of that beauty!

Auto Transport Service
Back