• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Belve' trim question

krcevs

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
I have seen 2 different trim strips across the rear trunk lip on these cars. One has Plymouth pressed into it and the other is just a trim strip. Is it a matter of trim levels or is one correct and the other is not, and if so which one is correct? I do not have either one.

Thanks,
Krcevs

My 64 Belvedere came with the plain trim on the trunk but a different trim package for the steering wheel

Belvederes came with a trunk stainless molding that said PLYMOUTH. The Fury and Sport Fury was plain stainless, and said Fury Or Sport Fury with a different script of pot metal trim.

On the fury,SF the spear on top of the deck lid was pot metal with a pot metal medallion with red white and blue in it! The SF had 3 pot metal medallions red, white, and blue

OK so I person says no Plymouth on the trim and one says yes Plymouth is on the trim. Could it possibly be either or depending on trim level? No Plymouth trim seems a lot cheaper than the Plymouth trim that's for sure. I'm kinda thinking I will go with the plain trim on the deck lid.
Thanks for the replies

Krcevs

not the best pic, but it shows my Belvedere with the plain trim. trunk lid is original to the car as paint matches inside to the rest of the non painted parts of the car.

HPIM2065_zpsc155bc17.gif

First one I've ever seen. Had 6 of them. Still have 2 Belvederes and 3 sport furys, Learn something new every day.

car also came with this steering wheel which I believe is for a Sport Fury.
car was built in Los Angeles

HPIM1313.gif

Always to be considered is many cars get reconfigured before current owner gets them. However being refreshed by parts book. The Savoy (L) gets the thin strip 2448179, the letters , and no lid center ss. The Belv (M) gets the wider ss trim with plymouth wording and a lid center ss trim. The Fury (H) gets the thin ss strip no letters, the lid ss center trim and a nameplate.

Always to be considered is many cars get reconfigured before current owner gets them. However being refreshed by parts book. The Savoy (L) gets the thin strip 2448179, the letters , and no lid center ss. The Belv (M) gets the wider ss trim with plymouth wording and a lid center ss trim. The Fury (H) gets the thin ss strip no letters, the lid ss center trim and a nameplate.

Thanks! That's the information I was looking for.

Krcevs

car also came with this steering wheel which I believe is for a Sport Fury.
car was built in Los Angeles

HPIM1313.gif

Mine came with the same sport wheel. I thought it was incorrect and Sport Fury only, but I found out it was also an option on Belvederes.

Going by what my Belvedere has on it and what the dealer brochure shows in the pics, the Belvedere has the trim with "PLYMOUTH" stamped in it. The Fury, Sport Fury, and Savoy have the thin strip across, with the Savoy having "PLYMOUTH" lettering above it, and the Fury and Sport fury have a fancy trim between the rear lights and their model name above the thin trim.

And it also shows your steering wheel as an option. The "Deluxe Steering Wheel", A luxury item that gives additional beauty to your Plymouth interior.

I can post some pics later if you want them.

Going by what my Belvedere has on it and what the dealer brochure shows in the pics, the Belvedere has the trim with "PLYMOUTH" stamped in it. The Fury, Sport Fury, and Savoy have the thin strip across, with the Savoy having "PLYMOUTH" lettering above it, and the Fury and Sport fury have a fancy trim between the rear lights and their model name above the thin trim.

And it also shows your steering wheel as an option. The "Deluxe Steering Wheel", A luxury item that gives additional beauty to your Plymouth interior.

I can post some pics later if you want them.

Thanks. I am going with a Mooneyes steering wheel on this build.

Krcevs

Auto Transport Service
Back