• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Almost done

Skatpak

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Final step and will be going home to its owner. Alignment my own specs. Advice do not use factory specs to align a B body.

20240725_085237.jpg

20240725_091332.jpg

That car looks like my first one Silver with red interior, of course it was back on 1978 when I was a Kid. Sure wish I still had that one. What are the alignment specs that you use? I just rebuilt my front end and put the Borgeson steering box in it .Ill be taking it to get aligned soon.
Thanks

It was the color in all of the magazine ads. and mine was beautiful in my 16 year old mind. it sure looked like a weapon of some sort. My high School buddies called it the Millennium Falcon..LOL

That car looks like my first one Silver with red interior, of course it was back on 1978 when I was a Kid. Sure wish I still had that one. What are the alignment specs that you use? I just rebuilt my front end and put the Borgeson steering box in it .Ill be taking it to get aligned soon.
Thanks
I'm interested to know this too, for a '70 Charger though. I've seen some YouTube vids with guys suggesting the same thing. Mostly to adjust for as much caster as possible, I believe. Skatpak, feel free to PM me if you have alignment setup tips for second-gen Chargers. Thanks!

Last edited:
Final step and will be going home to its owner. Alignment my own specs. Advice do not use factory specs to align a B body.

View attachment 1700406

View attachment 1700407

This is what ours will look like when its done, except with different rims and without a rear antenna. Wow, that looks beautiful. Do you have any pictures of the interior and the engine?

After I rebuilt my front end, a few years ago, I contacted a fellow Mopar car guy that had many 60's era cars, he recommended an alignment shop in the next county that really knows what it takes to get the alignment right on our era cars. I had found and printed out this article (link attached) on alignment of our era cars. He used the "Skosh" numbers for my my alignment and it was, and still is perfect 3 years later. Don't use alignment numbers in the shop manual. I currently have Cooper Cobra radio GT's all around and am very pleased with that tire choice.
If you go to this web site, click on the "See more" button just below the first two paragraphs and above the picture to see the entire article.
Turn of the screw: front end alignment for performance...

Nice car, I love the silver. I would be interested to know how much caster you can get out of stock components.

Don't use alignment numbers in the shop manual. I currently have Cooper Cobra radio GT's all around and am very pleased with that tire choice.

Turn of the screw: front end alignment for performance...
This is too true, the service manual was intended for cars that were made 50+ years ago with craptastic skinny bias-ply tires and all original parts, not modern upgrades and wider, lower-profile tires. Putting all that goodness on our cars and setting alignment specs to factory is counter-intuitive.

Thanks for the link!

I'm interested to know this too, for a '70 Charger though. I've seen some YouTube vids with guys suggesting the same thing. Mostly to adjust for as much caster as possible, I believe. Skatpak, feel free to PM me if you have alignment setup tips for second-gen Chargers. Thanks!
Here too please but 70 ply roadrunner

Auto Transport Service
Back