• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Belvedere Torq-Thrust D Back Spacing

Kerplunk

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
I tried the search function, and a lot of good info, but still need some guidance.

I just purchased a 67 Belvedere II, it has Torq-Thrust Ds (15x7) with 215/60/15 BFGs. The back tires rub, and i talked to the PO who says the backspace is wrong. The plan is to replace the back rims, I did some searching here and looks like 15 x 8 with 4.5 inch backspace, going to a 255/60 would be a good choice. My problem is I cant find anything close in a Torq-Thrust D wheel. Seems as though they only make a 3.75 BS which Im sure is what I have now.

Im sure Ive seen pics of 67s with the Torq-Thrusts, anyone have any experience, insight or advice they can share. Id really like a little larger tire, and like the look of the wheels.

Thanks!

Found em they arent listed on the AR website but they are for sale on the interwebs, so they exist at that size.

Let us know how that wheel/tire fits on your 67. I tried a set of 15x8 w/ 4' offset and they wouldn't clear the quarter.

For a 15x8 I found you will need a 4.75" BS.

I'm looking for some new ones for my 69 and found that a 10" wheel with 4.5 bksps and a 29" drag tire fits with plenty of room at the fender and the spring. Is a 67 fender that much tighter? I think I'm going with a 9" and a 275/60/15 (28") on the back.

I'm looking for some new ones for my 69 and found that a 10" wheel with 4.5 bksps and a 29" drag tire fits with plenty of room at the fender and the spring. Is a 67 fender that much tighter? I think I'm going with a 9" and a 275/60/15 (28") on the back.

The 67 wheel well is a lot tighter than the 68. I had to trim the lip on mine for 15x7 with 245/60/15

my 17x8's are 4.25 back spacing and woooh is it close...rubs with family in vehicle, full tank a gas etc...but only on big bumps...if it was a 4.5 backspacking would be much better...but even as upward thread said a 4 3/4" backspacing would be perfect...just finding a wheel with that is next to impossible though. 4.5 would be a good choice.

4.5" is the factory back spcing for wheels. You can put 7" X 15" wheels with this back spacing with 255/60 X 15" tires with no rub problem. When you get away from factory back spacing you just have to start experimenting with width, diameter, and profile sizes.

i have a 67 with 15x7 4.25 BS 255/60's and its perfectly centered about an inch on either side of the sidewalls

i have a 67 with 15x7 4.25 BS 255/60's and its perfectly centered about an inch on either side of the sidewalls

That is what I have on my 66 Hemi car as well.

Attachments

• HEMI TIRES.jpg
    HEMI TIRES.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 433
  • house156.jpg
    house156.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 395
  • HEMI TIRES2.jpg
    HEMI TIRES2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 542
Linens in my bathroom. Don't know how that pic got in there. LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back