• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet R/T arrives in NJ

Qbrozen

Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
Guess I should put this here since I have already started asking questions.

I was shopping for a while to finally acquire my first classic muscle car. Leaning heavily towards mopars, I thought I'd wind up with a Dart 340. After many swings and misses over a couple of months, I stumbled upon what appeared to be a damned nice 67 Coronet R/T on ebay in Wisconsin (440 engine although not the original hi-po version). I called the dealer, sounded like a great deal, so I took a chance and bought it sight unseen.

When it arrived a couple of weeks ago, I was a bit disappointed to find it wasn't as described. But its still nice. I promptly ordered a large stack of parts (intake, carb, cam, headers, stereo, gauges, air con, brake booster, door handles and locks, etc) that are now huddled in my garage while I find bits of time here and there for my sons and I to work on it. It is a driver, though, and I get to enjoy it when not trying to improve on it.

Here are pics from the auction.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm in NJ also, in Manalapan. I've also have a 67 Rt. I'm no expert but happy to help if I can. What parts if any are you hunting for?
Dan

Wow. We are nearly neighbors. I'm in Millstone. The Manalapan Wegman's is our grocery store. :)

Appreciate the offer. I'm not currently hunting for parts. There is more I'd like to get, but taking a little break from spending money since I have $4k in parts already (don't tell my wife!). I do want to find a good rechromer, however.

Are there any local shows/gatherings you frequent? We will probably be doing that this season. There are usually a few somewhat regular things on Rt 9 in Howell during the summer.

Next weekend is the first cars and coffee in millstone. I'll be there with one of the B bodies.
The chrome plater I use is in Newark, Mara Plating, bad neighborhood, good plater. But you can hand deliver all your parts, which for me is a big plus.

NICE R/T !!

welcome to FBBO from NorCal

I hope it all works out for ya',
dealers can be lying scumbags sometimes...

Sweet car good luck with it.. I moved to forked river but my parents are in millstone & my father has a ton of muscle cars . Small world

I'll be there also
Next weekend is the first cars and coffee in millstone. I'll be there with one of the B bodies.
The chrome plater I use is in Newark, Mara Plating, bad neighborhood, good plater. But you can hand deliver all your parts, which for me is a big plus.

Looks like a great driver. Good luck with the updates. Enjoy.

Looks like a nice solid car to start with. Will be nice ride when you get it sorted out. I found just about any car I have ever purchased I had to sort out to my satisfaction. You can't trust dealers or auctions to be honest about much anything. I'm near Baltimore, maybe see you at Carlisle in July. My first car was a 67 Coronet 440.

Welcome from another Joisey guy! Think about coming to our Mopar carbecue on 5/21 near Mt. Holly NJ. Look in the forums under events for details and shoot me a PM if you want the address.

Welcome to the site, great car to start with, I also love the 67 R/T and have one as well. They are a labor of love but when you get to drive it it all becomes worth it. Many knowledgeable folks her that are glad to help. Good luck from Texas.

Welcome from Toms River. I know Millstone well - cousin has a farm on Sweetmans Lane (which is where my car sat in hibernation for 15 years :)

Thanks, folks.
The cars and coffee here is apparently very popular. Season passes are already sold out. I find it a bit odd you have to pay to participate but can be a spectator for free.
I'll have to look into when etown is happening. I keep planning to hit Carlisle for any of their events but have yet to make it.

Thanks, folks.
The cars and coffee here is apparently very popular. Season passes are already sold out. I find it a bit odd you have to pay to participate but can be a spectator for free.
I'll have to look into when etown is happening. I keep planning to hit Carlisle for any of their events but have yet to make it.
It's still only 10.00 at the gate, worth it for the coffee and donout

Auto Transport Service
Back