• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet Stripe

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
What is the correct upper body stripe on a 67 Coronet equipped with one from the factory? Single or double?
IMG_6981.jpg

Jerry: I have an original 67 Coronet R/T. Bought it new. There are two stripes. Top is a 1/4" wide. The space in between is 1/16" wide and the lower stripe is 1/8" wide. somewhere here there are pictures of mine as a member was looking for originals. If you need to see various locations on the car I will look for them and send them to you.

R/T has double stripe and it's below that upper body line, not above it like a Satellite or Belvedere.

Let's see photos, I have an original paint one but it needs dug out to get photos.

Last edited:
Jerry: I have an original 67 Coronet R/T. Bought it new. There are two stripes. Top is a 1/4" wide. The space in between is 1/16" wide and the lower stripe is 1/8" wide. somewhere here there are pictures of mine as a member was looking for originals. If you need to see various locations on the car I will look for them and send them to you.
Details of front and rear ends would be nice. My car is a 24K mile original but other pin stripes were added in the 70's. I'm having them removed if possible and don't want to remove anything original. Some of the added stuff has light and missing places already so it shouldn't be to hard to remove those.
746742523.jpg
746742495.jpg
IMG_7794.jpg
746741267.jpg

that's just ugly. The factory stripes are on the sides only, not that thin, and don't look foolish like those.

The both ends are angle cut. Show a photo of the door handle and ends of stripe I'll tell ya if they are original.

And what's the stripe code on the car, tag and sheet.

I will get some this morning as I don't have close ups of them yet.

Details of front and rear ends would be nice. My car is a 24K mile original but other pin stripes were added in the 70's. I'm having them removed if possible and don't want to remove anything original. Some of the added stuff has light and missing places already so it shouldn't be to hard to remove those.View attachment 1741912View attachment 1741913View attachment 1741914View attachment 1741916
Different but looks cool for the times and nowadays a cool conversation piece in my eyes

20241015_113126.jpg
20241015_113112.jpg
20241015_113101.jpg

Got these pictures before I left for the detail shop. Seems like the original stripes were joined front and rear.

Auto Transport Service
Back