• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67' EFI Fuel Tank

71_Duster

Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting one of the in tank fuel set-ups from Tank's Inc of phantom into a 67' B-body tank?

I'm waiting to see who builds an EFI tank for the 67's first. I'm gonna need one, also.

I e-mailed Tanks Inc if they had any plans to do a '67 EFI tank and they said not at this time.

Has anyone tried putting one of the in tank fuel set-ups from Tank's Inc of phantom into a 67' B-body tank?
Yes. I bought a new tank from Rock Auto and cut and welded in the Tanks adaptor. Been in 3-4 years now, used a 98 Ram 360 with factory EFI and AOD. Worked out well-have had no issues at all.

Do you have any pics of the tank build?

Looking at the FiTech Fuel command but would rather have an in tank set-up

i used a tanksinc in-tank fuel pump for my msd atomic fuel-injection system on my 66 coronet

will look for pics

not too difficult to install. just get a 4" holesaw (i think) and cut the hole and follow directions

i did tack weld some square tubing to the top of the tank to shim it down a bit. otherwise the fuel pump connections will rub on bottom of trunk

No pics-sorry! If I recall correctly-the Tanks home page shows the pieces and a short how to. I'm not sure who_-Holley?-someone has a setup that lets you use a regular mechanical pump to bring fuel to the engine bay-where it dumps into a small sump that has an electric pump to get EFI pressure. Looks like that might be a simple way to make things work w/o

No pics unfortunately. Have you looked at the Aeromotive "Stealth" EFI pump yet? You still need an access hole-but it requires no welding. Looks like a simpler way to mount the pump in the tank.

no pics of my tank build (i guess it didnt happen), dang

email tanksinc for a copy of the install instructions. they were detailed and had good pics too

Here are a couple of pretty cool set ups from FAST & Aeromotive...

edited - thought i found one but not the case

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back