• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX Interior Gone!

67GTX440

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
The red stripes are off, the Torq Thrust wheels are off, the Magnum 500's are on and the interior is gone. About to hit the floorboards with a wire brush. The aluminum and fiberglass patch panel on the driver floorboard has got to go! The rest of the floorboards don't look all that bad. 005.jpg006.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg013.jpg015.jpg

Looks like she's coming along nice! Good work. Gotta love the look of black on an old Mopar. Those traction bars would be joining the aluminum floor pan in the heap pile if it were my ride...Buy a pinion snubber and call it a day.

X2 on the traxxxion bars. perfect opportune time to grease up and WD-40 all the window regulators. i smeared everything with axle grease and sprayed WD-40 down in the bottom of the doors and the quarter panels on all my cars to prevent rust in hiding places. put the red stripes back on.... i dig that car!

Looks like she's coming along nice! Good work. Gotta love the look of black on an old Mopar. Those traction bars would be joining the aluminum floor pan in the heap pile if it were my ride...Buy a pinion snubber and call it a day.

The traction bars are coming off. I have new leaf springs and shocks to go on when I get to underside cleanup, and they can stay on until then. Prior owner liked the look. Me, not so much.

flat black stripes on a gloss black paint finish looks BAD ***!

Thanks guys! Appreciate it. Back to the GTX...anymore work done on her?

Ordered long left and right floor pans from Year One. Yikes! $129 shipping. Minor pinholes on right side after sanding. Could have gotten by with short pans, but I figured do it right and only once. Long pans not much more expensive. Waiting for them to show up.

Plan on going with Classic Air A/C kit rather than revive factory air components. Probably will use factory dash vents only. The original A/C heat dash controls probably need rebuilt, so I bought the manual heat only controls and dash face plate off e-bay for $20. Classic Air kit is designed to work with the basic heat only controls. I am hoping to remove all the original heat and A/C under dash as Classic Air kit replaces it and is smaller.

Sent factory AM radio off to Wards in Alabama to be refurbished. I plan to keep the car pretty much stock except with upgraded front disk brakes and updated A/C.

Chrome parts arrive in the mail daily. The wife keeps asking if I could not just chase women like other men do and spend less money.

Do yourself a HUGE favor while you have the console out. Pull the heater box and rebuild the water valves, etc. You will thank me later!

Very cool car sir!

Looking awesome! Love thr car by the way! It looks sinister.

Mike

That's the kicker with year one.....high shipping costs. Good idea by just doing it right the first time.

Auto Transport Service
Back