• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I buy this non-Mopar? Hint it's a Pontiac.

I'm just curious, what Mopars were manufactured during that time that would do 12-sec qtr miles ?

I have also been looking at several other Brand X vehicles lately to buy for owning something different since all you Mopar weenies have priced the average Mopars right out of an average Joe's reach to purchase one these days...
I have been leaning towards AMC's and even a few GM's.
I have a 69 AMX 390 4 speed car for my out of Mopar experience!

The shop owner would have already bought it if it was a good deal.

Steve,stay focused,finish your Charger,and start on your Coronet! This is how I ended up with 25 plus cars!

I've been driving past a delicious '65 Gran Prix with a for sale sign sitting in an industrial park in Wisconsin Rapids, WI the past two weeks.

As a recovering Pontiac guy from 50 years ago I find my truck pulling left Everytime I drive past...

I posted this question on LSX.com but it doesn't have near the traffic this site has. I don't hate Pontiacs. I have been looking for a reasonably priced '98-'02 WS6 or FireHawk 6-speed in black please. I drove by this one but I just can't decide.

2002 Trans Am, (Last year.) red, AT, leather, T-Tops, 134K miles. Non-LS6 hood. It has a weird NHRA package that gave it a 3.23 rear gear, aluminum driveshaft, chrome wheels, a power steering cooler and badges. The shop owner said it was lady's car. The paint and interior looks nice. Price on the window was $7k but when I asked what she would take he said $6.5k. I'd probably drive it for awhile then try to flip it. I'm sure the tires are old. Nice 6-speeds with reasonable miles are usually $17k and up.

What say you?

Just so you know, my Mopars are '69 Charger, '71 Charger, '70 Coronet 500. '71 Challenger and the most wicked Mopar ever....1982 Dodge Ram 50, really a Mitsubishi. You guys know of my '97 Camaro SS but it's an LT1 not an LS motor. I've seen these built MFers pull the front wheels off the ground!

Looks like this. View attachment 1721894

I posted this question on LSX.com but it doesn't have near the traffic this site has. I don't hate Pontiacs. I have been looking for a reasonably priced '98-'02 WS6 or FireHawk 6-speed in black please. I drove by this one but I just can't decide.

2002 Trans Am, (Last year.) red, AT, leather, T-Tops, 134K miles. Non-LS6 hood. It has a weird NHRA package that gave it a 3.23 rear gear, aluminum driveshaft, chrome wheels, a power steering cooler and badges. The shop owner said it was lady's car. The paint and interior looks nice. Price on the window was $7k but when I asked what she would take he said $6.5k. I'd probably drive it for awhile then try to flip it. I'm sure the tires are old. Nice 6-speeds with reasonable miles are usually $17k and up.

What say you?

Just so you know, my Mopars are '69 Charger, '71 Charger, '70 Coronet 500. '71 Challenger and the most wicked Mopar ever....1982 Dodge Ram 50, really a Mitsubishi. You guys know of my '97 Camaro SS but it's an LT1 not an LS motor. I've seen these built MFers pull the front wheels off the ground!

Looks like this. View attachment 1721894
Buy it in a second.
In WI, in the middle of chebby zealot country, it would get posted for $19k.

None of these are mine:

All I did was type in 2002 WS6 in the search and like 10 of these showed up.
Even if you decide you don't like the car, the price given is rediculous unless the AT is slipping or something. Maybe in other parts of the country people see it as a 20 year old camaro, but in the upper midwest it is like some holy grail car for the chebby boys. They will pay more for it then a Corvette.

Basically it goes like this:
V6 99 Firebird: maybe $4k if it runs right and is really clean. Like $2500 if it needs suspension work or blew a head gasket but is otherwise rust free.
add WS6 package? +$15,000
The chebby runs strong with some around here.

I'm just curious, what Mopars were manufactured during that time that would do 12-sec qtr miles ?
Viper. Depends on year but most would do in the 11's.
SRT10 ram was low 13's, SRT4 Neon was almost 13's, I think something like 14 even.

Not sure who or what deal was made for Chrysler to never enter the pony car arena in the 90's. A Magnum 360 powered small coupe would have been priced between Mustang and Camaro and IMO would have done well. Instead they told us to buy a Viper that cost triple or a truck. Oh well, ancient history now :)

SRT10 ram was low 13's, SRT4 Neon was almost 13's, I think something like 14 even.

Not sure who or what deal was made for Chrysler to never enter the pony car arena in the 90's. A Magnum 360 powered small coupe would have been priced between Mustang and Camaro and IMO would have done well. Instead they told us to buy a Viper that cost triple or a truck. Oh well, ancient history now :)
Car and driver got a 13.9 (103 mph) and a 0-60 of 5.3 seconds for the 2004 SRT4. It was quicker than the 2003 version.

I left a message for them last night. None of my car buddies liked it at that price. I offered less. I doubt they'll accept. If not I'll try for a black 6-speed at around $12,000. One thing I saw when researching the NHRA package they had a flat hood. Thanks, Detective for the listings.

Yeh, like Joe Average was plunkin' down $$$ for a Viper, or get a truck. A neon is ok if you like driving an egg on wheels. Chryco lost their way until the LX cars emerged.

Auto Transport Service
Back