• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 RT SIGNAL SWITCH ISSUE

1carlover

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Just installed a new turn signal switch on my 67 Coronet and troubleshooting why the turn signals are not working. The horn blows, the brake lights work, all 4 flasher lights turn on and blink. Anything else to consider besides maybe a defective switch?

Last edited:
What about the turn signal flasher relay? The flasher relay and hazzard relays are separate.

I assume you mean the signal flasher. The turn signal lights should still turn on but just don't flash when the flasher goes bad. It doesn't look like the signal flasher is getting power. They worked before I changed the switch.

Last edited:
I had the same issues with a new switch on my 65. got out the tester and found the right combination to get it to work. just plugging it in didn't work correctly

I had the same issues with a new switch on my 65. got out the tester and found the right combination to get it to work. just plugging it in didn't work correctly
Could you share a little about how you tested the switch? The only constant 12v is at the horn wire.

first make sure the harness on the car has power per the wiring in the FSM .... then start running jumpers to the switch to see what work.... It's a pain but that is how I got it all to work on my 65 and my old willys jeep.

Remember most of this is with the ignition on..... so pull your coil hot wire so you don't cook your coil.....also you can use an ohm meter to see what wires are used for the signals unit before hooking it up, just locate the switch ground wire.

first make sure the harness on the car has power per the wiring in the FSM .... then start running jumpers to the switch to see what work.... It's a pain but that is how I got it all to work on my 65 and my old willys jeep.

Remember most of this is with the ignition on..... so pull your coil hot wire so you don't cook your coil.....also you can use an ohm meter to see what wires are used for the signals unit before hooking it up, just locate the switch ground wire.
Thank you for the update. I was able to track down the the problem at the flasher connector and got the signals working again.

I have to get a little further into the problem as I'm going from a gm turn switch mated to my Coronet dash harness plug. Ive changed out the gm colored wires with mopar fasteners but something still off because both taillights flash. Got out the test light and will try to map it all out before I get started again.

Auto Transport Service
Back