• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX headliner the same as 1970 Charger?

Coelacanth

Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
I just ordered a black headliner from RPM in Saskatchewan for my '70 Charger. P/N: HA977BLK for black. Their catalog shows this to be a Charger-specific headliner, and I've found RPM to be very accurate with parts I've purchased before.

What I received was a '68 RR/GTX 6-bow headliner; P/N: GTX-HLR-010. I'm guessing the same headliner for the '68 RR/GTX fits the '70 Charger? Just want to be sure because I won't be installing this for many months and will be well past my return date if it turns out to be wrong. Thanks.

Why not call the place you bought it from? 68-70 b bodies should be the same.

Last edited:
Well, the package has a sticker on it with the same part number, HA977BLK. I could call them back and see what they say, but they'd probably just say "we shipped you the correct part". We have experts here too, so I figured I would prefer a second opinion.

Well, the package has a sticker on it with the same part number, HA977BLK. I could call them back and see what they say, but they'd probably just say "we shipped you the correct part". We have experts here too, so I figured I would prefer a second opinion.
My point is that by calling them you can note the date, time and who you talked to in case there was a problem later. No one here can do that.

I just ordered a black headliner from RPM in Saskatchewan for my '70 Charger. P/N: HA977BLK for black. Their catalog shows this to be a Charger-specific headliner, and I've found RPM to be very accurate with parts I've purchased before.

What I received was a '68 RR/GTX 6-bow headliner; P/N: GTX-HLR-010. I'm guessing the same headliner for the '68 RR/GTX fits the '70 Charger? Just want to be sure because I won't be installing this for many months and will be well past my return date if it turns out to be wrong. Thanks.
Just don't try to walk in the door...
:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

The Charger has a much larger area of material at the rear sail panel corners. The GTX style sail panel rakes in like a taper shape

Two totally different headliners - and I'll bet the headliner bows are spaced differently also.

Yeah, the Legendary part number is different but the fitment looks to be the same as on the Dante's Mopars site.

EDIT: Also interesting: If you choose 1968 Dodge GTX on Legendary's site and search products, you'll find nothing but floor mats.

Auto Transport Service
Back