• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 satelite sport

Picasso

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Hi, new here,,,, was looking at another satellite sport. I have a couple specific questions..
Did the satellite sport have as an option, bucket seats with no console, or did this potential seller pull the bench seat an put in buckets..

I just need to know some specifics if I decide to move to another one.. and give me some bargaining room for authenticity..
I have some knowledge as a 63 coupe deville and 67 Grand Prix owner, and furthering my 'fleet"
photo attached,,

thanks for input or suggestion

20240720_134858.jpg

Mine is bucket seats no console from the factory. I'm guessing that one is also

Pretty sure in 68 the Sport Satellite included buckets but no console. Console was optional though.

ok,, thanks for the input,, that will help me out,,

Welcome from Alabama, go to the Welcome Wagon and tell us more about yourself and the project you are looking at.

As stated: buckets were standard on GTX and Sport Satellite in '68; console or buddy seat as options.
Your fender tag would read "P6X" under "TRM" (trim)... P=premium grade; 6=vinyl buckets; X=Black.
On the top-most lowercase alpha line, "a" would be blank below it indicating neither console nor buddy seat factory.
The "b" would have a "4" below it (for sales code 564) indicating bucket seats factory.

Cropped image from Hamtramck Historical for reference

68SprtSatGTXbuckets.jpg

Most all column shift had cars either had no console or buddy seat. Very rare to have console and column shift on a B body.

thanks for the addl info.. I need another car like I need a hole in the head, but, this one struck me,,,as noted above, I have a 63 coupe deville and a 67 Grand Prix.. im not a brand enthusiast, but if I see something I like, I will pursue it.i am also driver,, I regularly drive the above two, have driven both to Mississippi from Montana,,but normally trailer one or the other back to MS each year for winter...this one has a coat of primer, body damage already repaired, 383 wi edelbrock and manual choke,,however, there are some worries.. hasnt been run in 3 years,,or started,,didnt get to start due to no battery, so may go back up soon, take a battery and see what happens.. new exhaust and gas tank, but that may be moot if gas is been sitting for that long. im worried about mice in exhaust,, but none visible in carb or engine area..so there are some flags im hoping to use as bargaining chips, I really like the stance and styling of this model,, almost a Pontiac vibe, I also, from a being of redneck heritage from mississppi,, want a car I can drive thru bozeman mainstream, do a nasty burnout to piss off the greenies and university academics, and try to avoid a reckless driving ticket..I know its childish, (im 64) but this body style just screams that attitude to me..

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 9.50.50 AM.png

20240720_134537.jpg

Cool car bit don't compare it to a Pontiac!

I dont know,, they seem to have a similar look,, not a physical comparison, just a attitude type look,, like a couple of scrappers...always ready for a run,,like I said, I have no allegiances,, just enjoy the art

want a car I can drive thru bozeman mainstream, do a nasty burnout to piss off the greenies and university academics, and try to avoid a reckless driving ticket..I know its childish, (im 64) but this body style just screams that attitude to me..
You Sir, have just won hearts and minds on this forum lol

I like it, but, what’s with the super low front marker light? Don’t remember that.I could be disremembering?

Looks right for my 68 sport satellite .

My brain thinks they were higher up, like Dodges(?) Maybe not.

In '68, the Dodges had the round ones higher at the panels' midlines. The Plymouths (A/B/C) were all low - more centered on the bumper ridge plane (except the rear ones on wagon's were a bit higher). In '69, all of the lines/models went "low". I'd have to go googling to see what Chrysler/Imperial did.

In '68, the Dodges had the round ones higher at the panels' midlines. The Plymouths (A/B/C) were all low - more centered on the bumper ridge plane (except the rear ones on wagon's were a bit higher). In '69, all of the lines/models went "low". I'd have to go googling to see what Chrysler/Imperial did.
I stand corrected.

Auto Transport Service
Back