• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have experience in listing cars on Bring a Trailer?

Bat seems to garner lower numbers for mopars. Sure some exceed what I think they will, but over and over I see them go low or RNM. I’d use them for the 100 bucks or whatever, provided they did the reserve where I wanted. They cannot guarantee your car will pull a good number, so why chance it?

This whole sideshow could’ve been avoided had this car been listed at a realistic number years ago. I saw it and the corresponding posts about the lack of interest. That told me it wasn’t worth my time to come and see it and offer what I thought was market price for a NOM car. It simply won’t pull the big numbers since so many deep pocket guys want matching numbers. Just the way it is. An enthusiast like me would enjoy the tar out of this car, except when it’s too hard to make a deal happen. I ended up with car where the seller was easy to deal with and also saw the value in his car going to a hobbiest and not a wanna be dealer.

In the years since, I’ve seen more posts about what a bother it would be to get the car out of storage. I’ve also seen the price march upwards, exactly against what logic would dictate. There are only two reasons a given item isn’t selling- priced too high or not marketed correctly. Or three- both.

Auto Transport Service
Back