• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Primed the oil system today. Showed 70 psi.

IMG_20241007_151937715.jpg

Got the old girl fired up today. Only hickup was I didn't have power to ballast in run position. Once I fixed that it fired right up. I only ran it a minute or 2. I need to retop off the fluids. Trans, PS, coolant, ect. I did have a valve cover leak that needs attention.

I had a video on my phone but it won't load.

Sweet!!!! All that work is paying off. I hope you get to do some sick burnouts soon.

Sweet!!!! All that work is paying off. I hope you get to do some sick burnouts soon.
Trust me after I get everything shook out, I'll be testing out the WOT! I'm looking forward to re-creating this picture.
FB_IMG_1649775448802.jpg

So did a second fire up today to run it up to temperature. I have a 180 thermostat in it. It continued to climb past 180 and I shut it off at 200. I pulled the thermostat and tested it. It opened but very slowly. So I have a 165 coming. It also didn't have the bleed hole. I'll make sure the 165 does. I did put the tranny in D & R and spun the wheels to get atf in the converter. I'll fire it up again tomorrow.

Replaced thermostat, drilled a .030 hole in it to avoid air pocket. Worked great. Took it off the stands and drove it down the street. Big milestone.

IMG_20241019_114731430_HDR.jpg

Stall converter is a little loose, but I think it will be ok. It helps with the choppy idle. PS is nice with the Bergman steering box. I think I can move forward with the front sheet metal.

I'll do a quick home alignment tomorrow to get ride height, toe in, caster, camber. Before going forward with sheet metal.

So did a second fire up today to run it up to temperature. I have a 180 thermostat in it. It continued to climb past 180 and I shut it off at 200. I pulled the thermostat and tested it. It opened but very slowly. So I have a 165 coming. It also didn't have the bleed hole. I'll make sure the 165 does. I did put the tranny in D & R and spun the wheels to get atf in the converter. I'll fire it up again tomorrow.

I use a 160 thermostat but the engine runs at 175, which isn't really abnormal. If your GTX still runs too hot after swapping the thermostat there's other issues with your cooling system or the tune up...

It has stayed at 170 so far, but don't have 90° temps right now.
Yesterday I got the frontend aligned using a friends gauge. -1/2° camber
3.5° caster

IMG_20241021_171939780.jpg

I double checked valve lash. Had one out .003 all others within .001. Tomorrow I'm going to run a wire to idle solenoid, then start hanging the front end sheet metal

So I'm putting the sheet metal back on next. Have a appointment with Noel to get the front & back glass & vinyl top on come December. Can't wait!

IMG_20241024_133028386.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back