• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6brl air cleaner base

polsled

Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
Hope I am not beating a dead horse too bad here.Do the original bases have a notch for the distributor?I have one from a guy that bought his car in 1973 and Swears he never changed bases and it has this notch,no part number or stamping either.

He had the cover chromed in the 80s but nothing done to base 2nd owner car

C90B53DD-C130-44D1-B40A-5F506EF9C02F.jpeg

ED44D78F-ECC0-4C0A-9D42-B9C608F1D87A.jpeg

My guess the lip was rolled out so it did not cut into the plug wires.

70_440-6_06.jpg

That is factory. Yes it so it doesn’t abrade the spark plug wires. It’s on all of the fwctpry bases.

You can see some of these with that done on the drivers side. These were repops done in late 90’s. It really funny/stupid when you see one.

The only 340-6 base was AAR TA and they are bigger diameter to seal to the hood. And they have the distributor in the rear. So why would it have anything on the right front corner?

Now back to 440-6 bases it has nothing to do with the shield or not.

This is what I had and from what I read it was a repop so thanks for the answers he is going to swap with me

9622EE29-85C2-4B0B-8E85-FC6D498986F9.jpeg

Cleaned up and installed, will need to be touched up to be perfect but at least it’s correct

4BE98F91-4410-45A2-87D9-19AFDF23DB84.jpeg

The only 340-6 base was AAR TA and they are bigger diameter to seal to the hood. And they have the distributor in the rear. So why would it have anything on the right front corner?

Now back to 440-6 bases it has nothing to do with the shield or not.
just saying what ive seen, not seen it all, ...as for the front rain shields just saying a controversial topic as well...no need to be a jack *** about it

just saying what ive seen, not seen it all, ...as for the front rain shields just saying a controversial topic as well...no need to be a jack *** about it
Name calling? You said it, you can water it.

I was typing information, sorry you misunderstood. Have a great day.

Is that a two speed wiper motor you have on there?
Yes it’s an E body or 71 and up B body and a big air cleaner will clear a 2 speed.
But will not clear on a 66-70 b body.

Auto Transport Service
Back