• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7/8" or 1" Master Cylinder??? HELP!

ilm65

Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
Currently have SSBC front discs with stock drums in the rear on my 65 Satellite. I need more braking power but don't want to go with a power booster. I'm being told to replace the dual reservoir MC with either a 7/8" or 1" Wilwood dual reservoir. What's the difference in the two and what am I in for? ANY help is appreciated.

Who told you to go with the Wilwood MC? The difference between the two is probably bore size. The smaller the bore, the higher the line pressure. You also need to use a master cylinder that's designed for disc/drum setups. The discs require more volume than the drums. I would try to find out the bore size of the wheel cylinders in the rear brakes (it may be in tech info for your car somewhere) then call SSBC or Wilwood, explain the situation and use their recommendation. You should also find out the bore size of the pistons in the calipers. The more info the better when making that call.

If you don't want to go with a power booster, another way to get more braking power is with a longer brake pedal, but then the travel will also be longer.

7/8"--1" Master Cylinder

Bumping this thread--still need as much information as available.
Thanks,
Bob

i use a 1.031 bore master cylinder. tried a .93" bore and wasn't entirely satisfied. stick with something around 1".

- - - Updated - - -

one of these in 1.031 bore.

Attachments

• 100_0390.jpg
    100_0390.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 292
As stated check out the Redbore, they are made for one reason and that's to reduce pedal pressure. Also as already stated smaller bore equals less pedal effort but less volume as well meaning a longer stroke for the same engagement.

thMTN02APS.jpg

lol redbore, wilwood MC with another company cover? is that right?

lol redbore, wilwood MC with another company cover? is that right?

I have no idea? I just remember looking into them before I went with a booster and at that time Just Suspension was selling them.

Auto Transport Service
Back