• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70rr grill restore trim removal?

TRAMO

Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
I need help/instructions removing the chrome/stainless trim from the grill and headlight bezels on my 70rr without chiping the 43 year old plastic.

There are tabs that the chrome attaches to, if you use a small screw driver you can twist the chrome off from the backside. just be very careful

I just did mine a couple months ago and as they say use a very small tool from the back but I also used a radiator hose removal tool to get up underneath the chrome on the front to help pry it off the tabs. As okiemopar said don't get in a hurry. Took me several hours and I only broke 1 tab off. I used some 2 part plastic epoxy to glue it back on, let it set up overnight and it went back on great. good luck!!!

thanx guys for the info.i have been working on it for part of 2 days and have the 2 center pieces out and one headlight bezel partially off. im not sure what a radiator hose removal tool looks like. anymore info will be appreciated

Hi, It is just a screwdriver type of tool that gets inside the hose to break it loose from the radiator fitting after it has sealed. It's like a large hook tool. But that is just what I used you could use anything that puts a little pressure on the inside of the chrome it to help pop it off the plastic clip while you are spreading the chrome from the backside. It sure does take awhile to do. I feel your pain I was scared to death of busting the nice original grille just so I could buff the chrome.

thanx every body got them out without breaking a tab

Auto Transport Service
Back