• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 71/74 Rallye cluster parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacho-RT74

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
A friend of mine is converting from standard to Rallye cluster. He made all the wiring mod, but I’m advicing him to get the right parts for wiper and headlights switches… so if somebody got around an extra set of switches nuts and knobs would be great.

He already modified the wiper switch lenght (like a did on firts instance), so just needing the hardware for both switches.

2 speed or three speed wiper switch? Also ‘71 is one year only wiper switch. I have everything if 2 speed & ‘72-up style.

Not searching for the switches, but just the knobs and nuts… these are the same for 2 or 3 speeds. I know switch diff between 71 and 72/74 since I installed a variable 71 switch on my 74.

About knobs, the only diff between 71 and 72/74 is the 71 wiper knob gets an allen screw for attaching, while 72/74 is spring holded. On this case I guess my friend wouldn’t care any of them.

On a side note, he doesn’t know I’m searching these for him, but just trying to help to get the right stuff instead try to adapt standard cluster pieces on to the Rallye cluster.

NOW, if the wiper switch price with the hardware is nicely priced maybe he could buy. 2 speeds on this case for 73. I have not consulted him about make this post, but trying to surprise him and convince to get the right stuff.

But then, also needing headlights knob and nut. Not the switch since standard cluster switch is the same

Last edited:
Ok I only have whole switches with knobs and nuts… I don’t want to part them out.

Last edited:
NOS 71 Rallye wiper knob would work on any 71-74. No flaws, Asking $95. Used headlight knob also available. If buying from both QuickBpBp and I, we could make 1 shipment to save on shipping cost.

IMG_5938.jpeg

IMG_5939.jpeg

IMG_5940.jpeg

Nice, but the nuts…

I have not get any offer from QuickBpBp

I will forward the info to my friend, but I don’t think he would be able to pay $95 for just 1 knob

Last edited:
I have the whole 2 speed switch w/knob and nut and a complete headlamp switch with head lamp knob and nut for ($115 wiper switch assembly $60 headlight switch assembly) $175

Last edited:
I've been hoarding 72-74 wiper knobs since prices went insane.

For Nacho, I might part with one.

Let me find them and get a pic or two.
might not be perfect.

What nuts are you looking for?
The ones for the switch shafts?
Are they different from radio shaft nuts?
I've used ceiling fan nuts for those in a pinch.
...or are they the ones that take the spanner tool?

The ones taking the spanner tool.

Radio nuts doesn’t work.

Can’t recall of headlights switch nut but wiper one is the same for A bodies.

…….

QuickBpBp sorry, that as price rate out of our range. For a price like that, maybe we can get luck waiting patiently up to get a full cracked and no guaranteed to work cluster with switches and nuts even MAYBE still with the tipical missed wiper knob. (Headlight knob is hard to get missed by itself)

I got my rallye cluster (clock equipped) with everything on $150. True long time ago. And even with variable switch… sure 71 cluster, which I installed on my 74. Nice feature for my 74 being variable speed. And being 71 the knob being harder to get missed.

Thanks for the offer thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back