• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collection of Parts for 392 Swap

PistolGrip6

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Haven’t updated my 392 swap into a ‘69 coronet progress in a while.

I hope some of this information is somewhat informative for folks looking to swap a 392 Hemi with a TR6060 into their car. I have only included the cost of the parts gathered to help people with making the decision to start this endeavour. It hasn’t been cheap!

I’m up in Ontario, Canada so collecting parts has been expensive and time consuming due to the fact almost everything is coming up from the states. I have a US postal address account in Lewiston/Niagara Falls, New York. I have had a lot of stuff sent to which has saved me paying customs and brokerage fees. But not the tax at Canadian border which is extra.

It all started when I found a 392 Hemi paired with TR6060 out of a wrecked 2016 Challenger with 16,000 Kms (10,000 Miles) on Facebook marketplace. Guy wanted $16k, I offered $13k CDN in person and he took it.

I have since started acquiring the following:

- QA1 Front Coil Over Suspension Conversion with Tubular K Frame, Gen 3 motor mounts and Wilwood Disc Brakes. Just under $9k CDN with tax at border

- I ordered the MTX-68D-CHG Dakota Digital Ralley gauge cluster 6 months ago and it came in last week. I’m quite impressed with it. Due to using the 392 & TR6060 out of a 2016 Challenger I opted for the GPS Speedometer Module and the GPS Booster Antenna. Cost just over $3k CDN from Hot Nights Hot Rods in Caledon.

- My order from Holley back in December consisted of : Premium Mid Engine Mount, Mid Sump VVT Oil Pan, Drive by Wire Pedal, Frostbite 4 Core Rad, VVT&SVR Wire Harness, 350 LPH EFI Fuel Tank Module all came within two weeks. I waited 4 months due to back order for the Terminator X Max Part# 550-1425 and the Frostbite Fan/Shroud Package. This all came to over $10k CDN plus the tax at the border.

- TTI 1-3/4 Headers Part# TTI61RSA-RC25 ordered by and shipped to Nation Moparts in Beaverton. $1919 CDN all in

- Wilwood Master Brake Cylinder & proportional valves. Brake booster, hydraulic clutch pedal with billet reservoir. $2300 CDN Ordered through Hot Nights

-American Autowire Complete Wiring Harness. $1900 CDN Ordered through Hot Nights

- USCT Trans Tunnel Perimeter Frame, TR6060 Trans Mount, Subframe Connectors and Torque Boxes. $2500 CDN plus tax at the border.

- 2020 Challenger Complete Center Console with manual shift boot. $400 CDN from Facebook marketplace

-3 Speed Wiper Motor. $450 CDN from Facebook marketplace

-3 Speed Wiper linkage pivot arm and clips. $178 CDN from National Moparts

- AMD drivers side floor pan $475 CDN

I have been putting in 70 hour work weeks to pay for this stuff. I’m not a rich person, just willing to put in the OT hours as a tool and die maker. Been buying the parts as the money is coming in. No debt taken on.
I do need the following parts to complete this swap and upgrade.

-Direct mount gear shifter conversion
(Looking for suggestions)

-Classic Auto Air complete A/C system

-Fat Mat sound control (Dynamat substitute)

-Ralley dash pads (probably pick them up at the Mopar Nationals in Carlisle this summer), have dash skeleton and top pad already.

- Pistol Grip Shifter Conversion (probably get from Brewers or Mr Norms)

- Drive shaft (custom made)

- New Brake and Fuel lines
(Is 1/2 inch fuel line too much for stock 392?)

- Custom Stainless Steel exhaust, going with 2.5 inch and reusing set of awesome Flowmaster mufflers and exhaust tips from previous setup. (Should I go X pipe or H pipe? Or just go straight back like I had previously with the old 383?)

- Cold Air intake

- Battery relocation kit and extra positive wire.

Have I missed anything or overlooked anything?

Installation Progress:

I am doing all the work myself with help from my father and the use of his shop and lift. As well as help from YouTube and the internet including this forum. I bought a 120v welder off Facebook marketplace to complete the welding portion.

I have the new floor, subframe connectors and torque boxes already welded in place with some touch ups to do. I know some of it looks a bit crappy. I am confident in saying I know they’re strong welds. I did double up in some places. And I did it short bursts to not overheat areas. I will be grinding the excess off. (I have included pics please don’t criticize my welding.)

Next thing is completing the cutting of the floor, fire wall and center support frame to mock up and weld in the trans tunnel perimeter frame.

Then everything else…

I plan on taking some time off work and going at this project full force in the next few months. I’ve set a goal of having it completed and on the road for Moparfest in Newhamburg, Ontario middle of this August.

Lofty goal I know.

EACE25B3-48C2-4ECD-B338-0924E11DBF80.jpeg

F6AEA2BA-3CAE-4AEB-8608-37CC3A0DC84B.jpeg

8CC9CA2F-760D-4014-B436-982FE867DA22.jpeg

DFB3E187-D923-4F5A-B802-EC0200876E5D.jpeg

A5CAE4CF-8A9F-4B7A-8CCE-36833FA8515A.jpeg

786C7D63-03B0-4BD6-AEE8-1E81091DE00B.jpeg

4CD4D796-3AB4-47B9-A009-965FF2A8058E.jpeg

5748C952-A6AB-44D3-A439-C5813490FCFA.jpeg

8D864820-2A41-42C3-9A44-39EE7BD9ECB4.jpeg

BEA2791A-C5AE-48ED-946C-9AFAB23F150A.jpeg

Nice project. I'm with you on the welds. Many of mine aren't perfect but they'll do just fine. Besides, overhead welding is tough and add on thin floor to thicker SFC's.

Nice swap project & a lot of great parts

damn some Canadian cash spent on that

have fun that's what it's all about
good luck

It’s cool that you have a job that you are able to get some overtime hours. You may have set a lofty goal for yourself, but you have the drive and ambition to work the overtime I’m sure you will get the project completed. Keep posting updates.

I hope some of this information is somewhat informative for folks looking to swap a 392 Hemi with a TR6060 into their car. I have only included the cost of the parts gathered to help people with making the decision to start this endeavour. It hasn’t been cheap!

I’m up in Ontario, Canada so collecting parts has been expensive and time consuming due to the fact almost everything is coming up from the states. I have a US postal address account in Lewiston/Niagara Falls, New York. I have had a lot of stuff sent to which has saved me paying customs and brokerage fees. But not the tax at Canadian border which is extra.

It all started when I found a 392 Hemi paired with TR6060 out of a wrecked 2016 Challenger with 16,000 Kms (10,000 Miles) on Facebook marketplace. Guy wanted $16k, I offered $13k CDN in person and he took it.

- QA1 Front Coil Over Suspension Conversion with Tubular K Frame, Gen 3 motor mounts and Wilwood Disc Brakes. Just under $9k CDN with tax at border

- I ordered the MTX-68D-CHG Dakota Digital Ralley gauge cluster 6 months ago and it came in last week. I’m quite impressed with it. Due to using the 392 & TR6060 out of a 2016 Challenger I opted for the GPS Speedometer Module and the GPS Booster Antenna. Cost just over $3k CDN from Hot Nights Hot Rods in Caledon.

- My order from Holley back in December consisted of : Premium Mid Engine Mount, Mid Sump VVT Oil Pan, Drive by Wire Pedal, Frostbite 4 Core Rad, VVT&SVR Wire Harness, 350 LPH EFI Fuel Tank Module all came within two weeks. I waited 4 months due to back order for the Terminator X Max Part# 550-1425 and the Frostbite Fan/Shroud Package. This all came to over $10k CDN plus the tax at the border.

- TTI 1-3/4 Headers Part# TTI61RSA-RC25 ordered by and shipped to Nation Moparts in Beaverton. $1919 CDN all in

- Wilwood Master Brake Cylinder & proportional valves. Brake booster, hydraulic clutch pedal with billet reservoir. $2300 CDN Ordered through Hot Nights

-American Autowire Complete Wiring Harness. $1900 CDN Ordered through Hot Nights

- USCT Trans Tunnel Perimeter Frame, TR6060 Trans Mount, Subframe Connectors and Torque Boxes. $2500 CDN plus tax at the border.

- 2020 Challenger Complete Center Console with manual shift boot. $400 CDN from Facebook marketplace

I have been putting in 70 hour work weeks to pay for this stuff. I’m not a rich person, just willing to put in the OT hours as a tool and die maker. Been buying the parts as the money is coming in. No debt taken on.

-Ralley dash pads (probably pick them up at the Mopar Nationals in Carlisle this summer), have dash skeleton and top pad already.

- Custom Stainless Steel exhaust, going with 2.5 inch and reusing set of awesome Flowmaster mufflers and exhaust tips from previous setup. (Should I go X pipe or H pipe? Or just go straight back like I had previously with the old 383?)

- Cold Air intake

Installation Progress:

I am doing all the work myself with help from my father and the use of his shop and lift. As well as help from YouTube and the internet including this forum. I bought a 120v welder off Facebook marketplace to complete the welding portion.

I have the new floor, subframe connectors and torque boxes already welded in place with some touch ups to do. I know some of it looks a bit crappy. I am confident in saying I know they’re strong welds. I did double up in some places. And I did it short bursts to not overheat areas. I will be grinding the excess off. (I have included pics please don’t criticize my welding.)

Next thing is completing the cutting of the floor, fire wall and center support frame to mock up and weld in the trans tunnel perimeter frame.

Then everything else…

I plan on taking some time off work and going at this project full force in the next few months. I’ve set a goal of having it completed and on the road for Moparfest in Newhamburg, Ontario middle of this August.

Lofty goal I know.

View attachment 1655747

View attachment 1655768

View attachment 1655769

View attachment 1655770

View attachment 1655771

View attachment 1655772

View attachment 1655773

View attachment 1655775

View attachment 1655777

View attachment 1655778
Do you have an IG account? I’m doing a 392 gen III swap into a 70 Coronet. I’m having trouble locating all the electrical harnesses. Would love to see some of your progress. I have most of the parts except for the custom parts such as exhaust and shaft. I have a 8HP70 transmission and Russell Drake from German Sound Engineering.

Do you have an IG account? I’m doing a 392 gen III swap into a 70 Coronet. I’m having trouble locating all the electrical harnesses. Would love to see some of your progress. I have most of the parts except for the custom parts such as exhaust and shaft. I have a 8HP70 transmission and Russell Drake from German Sound Engineering.
I do have IG, haven’t been posting anything on it in regards to my project though. I plan on posting pics here as I progress. Cutting the center support and firewall then tacking the trans tunnel in place will be happening this week I hope. Electrical work is probably a few months away.

I’m sure if you ask the right questions on this site you’ll get some answers in regards to sourcing some of your electrical components.

I’ll be looking out for your posts of your project as well.

- Cold Air intake

Installation Progress:

Then everything else…

Lofty goal I know.

View attachment 1655747

View attachment 1655768

View attachment 1655769

View attachment 1655770

View attachment 1655771

View attachment 1655772

View attachment 1655773

View attachment 1655775

View attachment 1655777

View attachment 1655778
Do you have an IG account? I’m doing a 392 gen III swap into a 70 Coronet. I’m having trouble locating all the electrical harnesses. Would love to see some of your progress. I have most of the parts except for the custom parts such as exhaust and shaft. I have a 8HP70 transmission and Russell from
I do have IG, haven’t been posting anything on it in regards to my project though. I plan on posting pics here as I progress. Cutting the center support and firewall then tacking the trans tunnel in place will be happening this week I hope. Electrical work is probably a few months away.

I’m sure if you ask the right questions on this site you’ll get some answers in regards to sourcing some of your electrical components.

I’ll be looking out for your posts of your project as well.
Yeah these Hemi swap projects aren’t anything like restoring a mopar back to stock. This has taken lots of research and money. I probably won’t be doing another swap unless I get a deal on another 392.
I’ll be posting some pics as soon as I drop the engine.

Auto Transport Service
Back