• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 GTX interior color change

I have to admit I'm not crazy about the gold either. If I was changing it I would work cloth seat inserts into the deal in whatever colour to make it more liveable on a hot summers day.

My 1972 was Tawny Gold with a the gold interior. Not a fan and already have other cars with black interiors. It needs metal and body work and paint. Didn't want to do the body work so I painted it bright white with a blue interior. If I ever do the body work then it will be bright blue.
1654261311830.jpeg

Man I love the rim depth and those fatties on the back of your GTX!!! Any chance you’d share the rim dimensions and tire size? Any issues with scrubbing?
As for interior opinions, black is easy for sure, but there’s just something magic about colored interiors! I kick my own *** at least yearly for letting a black 71 GTX with blue interior get away about a decade back......waaaay cool....and it was a factory AC car too......damn!

Man I love the rim depth and those fatties on the back of your GTX!!! Any chance you’d share the rim dimensions and tire size? Any issues with scrubbing?
As for interior opinions, black is easy for sure, but there’s just something magic about colored interiors! I kick my own *** at least yearly for letting a black 71 GTX with blue interior get away about a decade back......waaaay cool....and it was a factory AC car too......damn!
Rears wheels are 15x8 with 4.5” back spacing and 275/60/15 tires. No rubbing at all

Rears wheels are 15x8 with 4.5” back spacing and 275/60/15 tires. No rubbing at all
Sweet!! I just bought a used pair of 8’s for my roadrunner thinking I could get that look......I was pondering over whether I could get away with a tire that wide, and now I know. Thanks man!

Auto Transport Service
Back