• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Roadrunner Vinyl Top

vwprts4u

Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
I've been looking for a place that does does vinyl tops for a 71 Roadrunner. A search on google brought up one site that actually had vinyl tops. I researched the reputation of the site and could not find anything. I don't particularly trust the site because I have never heard of it, and can not seem to find anything about it. So, any help would be much appreciated. Where can I buy a vinyl top for a 71 Roadrunner? Thanks in advance guys.

If you share the name of the one you found another member may have used them and offer an opinion.

About any good trim shop could do a vinyl top installation on your car. Most good trim shops can get you a quality replacement. I am leery of new old stock tops as I think it would not hold up as well as a new one would. The grain pattern most likely will not be what it was originally, but as we know a lot of folks are to young to pick out that fact. If your car is totally original then I would try Legendary for a replacement top otherwise if it is not totally original then what difference would grain pattern really make. I was installing tops on these cars every since 1968 and I am still quite good at it. If you are ever in my area I will show you how. Just remember quality trim shop and ask plenty of questions and if you are curious to how they are answered you can ask the many knowledgeable members on this great site to compare the results. Hope this helps and good luck on your quest.

I just bought a vinyl top from Legendary and had it installed at Custom Landau in Bakersfield, CA. It turned out fantastic.

When I posted this I did not realize I was logged into someone elses account. I don't recall the exact website. Another quick search brought up Dante's Mopar Car Parts. I don't know anything about them but I know that is not the original site I was looking at. Thanks Nakabrd, I'll check out Legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ha, I found the original site I wasn't sure I could trust. Its http://www.newstalgiaparts.com/PartsDetails.aspx?PartTypeID=3&PriceGroupID=3073-HS&CarID=15164&PartID=33603&Make=Plymouth&Model=Roadrunner&Year=1971&PartType=Vinyl%20Top

When I posted this I did not realize I was logged into someone elses account. I don't recall the exact website. Another quick search brought up Dante's Mopar Car Parts. I don't know anything about them but I know that is not the original site I was looking at. Thanks Nakabrd, I'll check out Legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ha, I found the original site I wasn't sure I could trust. Its http://www.newstalgiaparts.com/PartsDetails.aspx?PartTypeID=3&PriceGroupID=3073-HS&CarID=15164&PartID=33603&Make=Plymouth&Model=Roadrunner&Year=1971&PartType=Vinyl%20Top

I just looked at the samples on this links site and I did not see any vinyl top grain patterns listed that are correct for a Mopar.

I believe the Levant is a grain pattern correct for Mopar. I thought there were two primary for Mopar. Levant and Boar grain. Fairly new to Mopar tho so I still have much to learn.

You're welcome Red Herring. If you want to see it, I hope to have the car finished in time to take it to the Spring Fling (All Mopar car show) in Van Nuys in 2 weeks.

Boar grain is one of the correct grain patterns for a Mopar. Levant is a grain pattern used by G.M. on their less expensive line of cars. Also Mopar tops of this vintage are double seam tops. I have installed Levant tops on many different car brands but it is not the factory correct top for a Mopar So if you have a Levant installed on your car you can expect some folks to let you know about it.

Hey Red Herring, I won't have my Road Runner at the Spring Fling. Unfortunately, it has an electrical problem and I can't get it to turn over.

Auto Transport Service
Back