• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 charger column to console shift

max 7

Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score
my 72 is currently on the automatic on the column. a buddy of mine found me an original console t shifter that i may put in. has anybody tried this and know exactly what to do?

well its easy, but requires all the linkages for the console shifter. they have restoration components at the resto shops and ebay. you may want to get a console steering column to make it look like an OE placement though.. they are on ebay (and i will put in a shameless plug... i have a restored one on ebay right now.. i know.. hate me). you need certain brackets welded in to mount your console to though.. AMD makes them.

i have a 73 rr and am going from column to floor shift does anybody have the bracket placement specs

You can buy the weld in brackets as a kit.

72 shifter linkage 2.jpg 72 shifter linkage.jpg slap linkage.jpg 00M0M_enIkJDZJkwm_1200x900.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back