• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 charger fender tag decode please

I can make those doors. it comes with extra doors so its worth a try if I could find someone local to let me take measurements.

right about here!

IMG_1676.JPG

Go for it. Looks like a nice starting point!

Look under the stainless the wipers sit on when parked.

Shes very straight and solid. Just boring . When I went to look at it I expected a scalped out parts car, but shes all there for the most part. Title and VIN numbers are all square. I'm gonna offer him 4500 for starters. Too much? What you guys think??

The nice thing about the 72 is that it is the last year before they started making small block vs. big block K-frames. You can bolt in a big block with just the right mounts. You'll probably want to upgrade the axle to an 8-3/4. They are getting harder to find, but some C-body axles will swap in. Also, as stripper as this car seems to be, I would bet heavily that it has the plain jane dash and associated wiring rather than the gauges found on Rallyes and other optioned cars, so you might want to factor those in as cost upgrades if you are trying to have a performance version of this car in the end.

If it really is mostly rust-free and complete, $4500 seems like a fair offer to me. Rust empties your wallet and consumes a lot of time. You are always way ahead to start with a solid car.

It's a WL, so it doesn't even have the woodgrain dash and passenger side vent trim panel.

Should be black and silver with a raised center on the pass side and no emblem.

Take off the large vent screens under that chrome trim mentioned above, by the wiper pivots and get your hand and arm down in there as far as you can.

Feel around the base of the vent "stacks" that look like a volcano on each side.

Shine a flashlight in between the door/fender and lower A pillar area.

Honestly it does look pretty straight and solid from the photos.

Looks like it didn't have a vinyl top, so at least the dutchman panel didn't get trashed.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back