• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 charger bumper fillers

Actually the sunroof car sold awhile back . With my current back situation not getting better but worse my wife decided to push for me to clear everything out but my 72 rallye because she doesn't think I was capable of doing all these cars so she told me to focus on one and get all the needed parts and then we will have a weekend sanding /welding/priming party. Then a paint/buffing party. And finally the assy party I got a group of guys that are good with stuff like that I've helped them all in the past bug time for some but I never ask for help so my wife kinda planed this all out and everyone jumped on board it sounds fun and interesting and each guy has his own specialty so it should go good and they all have had or have some cool rides . I guess they are all sick of me not crusin in my own car in years !
Anyways sorry got off subject .
I think I have an extra pair of 72 bumper brackets if you decide to loose the moldings let me know I'll go dig them out !

Here it is! (Don't worry about the vinyl top as it's not glued down yet)

20170530_112146.jpg
20170530_112155.jpg
20170530_112203.jpg
20170530_112211.jpg
20170530_112218.jpg

hi guys, I'm also in the market for the center filler
seal, these are hard to get. my side's one are all stiff and warped. I've seen some on EBAY well prices around 50- 60 bucks. if any one wants to sell their center peice I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Front or rear center piece?

Has any one ever tried to refurbish the ones they have ? If you have how do you do it.

Has any one ever tried to refurbish the ones they have ? If you have how do you do it.
I used a product called Dominion Sure Seal 2 part flexible epoxy on the cracks and to build corners with masking tape and cardboard as a backer. I carefully sanded smooth and used an adhesion promoter before priming and painting. I had a pretty nice one to work from so I took it to a local automotive paint supplier to mix me up a spray bomb that matched the factory colour of the mouldings. I see you can buy new reproductions but at 4 bills I would still be willing to take the time to do it myself.

Actually way back. The deal is 73/74 owners are not big money investment guys because car won't raise the price ( like a 68/70 B or E bodies ) getting those pieces replaced, so usually "we" are cheaper owners.
What did you say?

73/74 owners are not used to make huge investments for their 73/74s because that investment is not returned if needing to sell the car. This takes to the repro market being limited.

Looking at your location, sure in Europe could be diff because the low stock of ANY KIND of Muscle american cars, specially Mopars makes ANY American Muscle car an interesting car to have and restore, even being SBs and /6 (not real Muscle cars but just the look) But the original market (USA/Canada) leads the demand for their parts.

AAAAND take in mind this thread is 7 years old, when 73/74 parts availability it was even worst.

(Myself included LOL, but still I try to do the best under a low investment yet, not because the return but because I’m poor LOL)

(Myself included LOL, but still I try to do the best under a low investment yet, not because the return but because I’m poor LOL)
Have you been living under a rock?

The 3rd generation chargers are rocketing because of the generation change... A decent 3rd generation one under $30k? Those times are gone forever! Decent nos parts? Less and less needles in a growing haystack.

My friend, first I’m a 3rd gen proud owner so I know what I’m talking about; second I have been around since 2002 when this Muscle and specially Mopar fever got resurrected thanks to the F&F movie, so I have been living all the ups and downs along these years.

A decent BIG BLOCK and specially 440s (R/Ts & Rallyes) can easilly get on the 30K rate. Even more R/Ts and 72 Rallyes which can go high as 50K depending on conditions and options (Hemis and 6packs up to 100K). Not so much 73/74 Rallyes. But also a 2nd gen SB could be on 30k rate. I dont’t think a 3rd gen 318 could be on that rate, even less if 73/74. Maybe on 20K rate but, 30K? Except outside USA. Sure in Europe you can find a 73/74 318 into 35K EUROS rate. But definitelly not in USA/Canada.

Sure some exceptions can be found quite often.

Sure they are rocketing, but partially because the lack and high prices of 2nd gens no matter the conditions.

Misteriously 1st gens have been always on a more stablish market price without too much highs and lows.

Last edited:
Then also there is a lie on the market when websurfing around for cars being sold. One thing is the price ppl wish and publish on their ads, then the reality will hit with the real offer and grounded prices.

I have a used 73/74 rear filler if anyone is desperate.

It's in "fair shape".

I did clean up and reuse the filler for my 73 Satellite that was not in quite as bad shape but had the same kind of wear starting.

Difficult to ship.

PM me if interested.

What I have is for a Charger.

Nacho is the King of 3rd gen Chargers throughout this era of online Charger/Mopar forums. He knows a lot! He has helped me in a few spots along the way.

:thumbsup: :drinks:
Weeeell… dunno if the King, but is true I have got documented A LOT about 3rd gens mainly because living outside USA I couldn’t afford mistakes getting the wrong pieces and shipping overseas LOL. Initially in Venezuela, now in Spain (but my Charger still there).

I was just to say I’m well known around the web knowing about these cars, but being “the king”… dunno. That’s too much

Auto Transport Service
Back