• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Plymouth RoadRunner Gtx U code

It's never been a styling issue. It's always been an engine issue. When it comes to muscle cars, engine drives values more than anything, and 1972 is the commonly-accepted end of the muscle car era. When the Black Monday impacts started hitting in 1988, the cycle went 70-72 BB E body, 68-72 BB B body, 70-72 SB E body (340, AAR, TA), and then all E body. The 68-72 SB B Body market didn't do much of anything until prices reached a point in the early 90s when enough parts vendors and reproducers showed up to make cloning profitable. And all that time, the Mopar mags were touting 73-74 were gonna be big, but it was not to be. Same deal with the 66-67 cars.

It's funny what you said about the front end. I always disliked the 71-72 fronts, and loved the 73-74, but I've read article after article over the decades that attack the 73-74 designs because of the size of the bumpers. I always thought they were more ticked at the laws that forced the change in designs than the design itself, but that's just me. :)
You made me realize that the non-plussed feeling about the front design is indeed due to the realization that the government was messing with it. Also, I'm kinda peeved that Rolling Rock is now the "Spirit" of the Laurel Highlands.

Auto Transport Service
Back