• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8.75 Suregrip in my wife's wagon U-joint.

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
My wife's wagon is a 65 Belvedere II. A couple of years ago the axle bearings went. I had a spare 8.75 Suregrip from a 68 Roadrunner. It's all in, new brakes, wheel studs etc etc. I go to put the driveshaft in and the 8.75 is bigger than the one that came out. The U-joint from the 65 is too small. Does anyone know the part number for the correct U-joint? One that I can just give to the guys at the counter at my local parts store?

I will be using the stock wagon driveshaft and while taking it out, the rubber ripped at the transmission side so I am going to redo the ball and trunnion with a kit I just ordered. That looks like fun.

I'm thinking possibly.........
upload_2021-4-6_8-48-1.png

Yes, you need the conversion joint. 7260 for the driveshaft and 7290 for the axle flange.

Yes, so that's the two different sizes I need on the u-joint? I'll head over to the parts store today at lunch.

Thank you all. This rear axle has been a PITA since I started this project.

Ok, got one during my lunch hour. Judging by the amount of dust on it, it's been sitting there for quite some time. I'll make sure it fits the diff yoke before I put it on the driveshaft.

Yes, so that's the two different sizes I need on the u-joint? I'll head over to the parts store today at lunch.

Thank you all. This rear axle has been a PITA since I started this project.
You should be working on the Dana 60 that I've been working on lol

Auto Transport Service
Back