• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

96 intrepid dash problem

roadrunnerman

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
got a question for somebody that might have had the same problem.My speedo does not work whether car is warmed up or not but when it is cold or chilly overnite weather,my RPM,gas, and water temp gauges will work but once the car gets warmed up inside the gauges will go dead.the local dodge dealer said it was the printed circuit board was bad and would cost about $300 to fix.Also i had to jump start my sister-in-laws car once and when i did that the speedometer started working for awhile ,then went back to the dead zone.Is there anything i can check first before i have to take it to the dodge garage to get fixed?

id be willing to bet you could get one for around $50 from your local junk yard. it kinda sounds like you have a short in your ground or something

I have some Cirruses, and they have a well known issue of over-heating on the instrument cluster printed circuit. Sorry I cant find the link. A J.Y. cluster [$30-60] is your best bet. OR, from moparstuart. Your mileage is stored in the car, so the odometer should read right.

moparstuart.wish i had your phone number,i could've stopped and got one from you when i was going thru missouri on my way to wellsville,ks to unld friday am and up to lawrence,ks to p/u a load going to anoka,minn. to unld monday am.i do go by odessa every now and then.

thanks alot,i have it wrote down and in my wallet.i will give you a call the next time i get thru your way.

sounds good,did they make the dashes the same for all the intrepids? i.e. guages,digital or standard odometer,let me know what info you need,like part number or ????.the dealer had told me they would have to get the right number from the cicuit board to match what i have on my car.

Auto Transport Service
Back